Jordan Bowen has committed to the BB Vols

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
CeMTY7lWoAAD9tQ.jpg

I know this has been mentioned another thread, but I thought this was thread worthy: Jordan Bowden announced his commitment tonight on Periscope. He's originally from Carter High School in Knoxville.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-basketball/254004-16-tn-sg-jordan-bowden.html

Jordan Bowden, a 6-foot-5, 178-pound guard and former Carter High School standout, announced Tuesday night that he’s signing with the Tennessee men’s basketball team.

Bowden, averaging 17 points, 6.8 rebounds and 4.2 assists this season at 22 Feet Academy, a prep school in Greenville, S.C., has scholarship offers from Providence, Cincinnati, Marquette, Utah and Tennessee.

As a senior at Carter, Bowden averaged 26.6 points, 8.9 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game. He scored a school-record 54 against Gibbs. He totaled 932 points as a senior, scoring 30 or more points 14 times and being held under 15 points just four times.

Jordan Bowden added to 2016 signing class - The Hoops Beat

Reactions: 11 people
These type won't bring the hardware home, i was looking at what we got coming, what NIT talent, Barnes won't go the the state of Texas and try, he might hurt some feelings at Texas his heart is still in Texas, we need to get next year over and try to bring you know who home, don't we.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Go back home to the FF please.

Like I said before, hope he does well.

Do you won't to trade one of your recruits for him, not trying to to be down on the kid i just like to see us compete for at least second in the SEC, i will go back over to the FF for now, don't get me wrong hope he is AA but what i have seen Barnes doesn't bring the type of player to get us back to the top, it's not like football where you got to have 15 4 stars every year get a couple and make a run.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Jerry Meyer: "As a late blooming high major prospect, Bowden will give Tennessee an SEC-ready scorer and all-around player at the wing."

Reactions: 8 people
Free read from Volquest.... https://tennessee.n.rivals.com/news/impact-analysis-jordan-bowden

From Rivals national analyst Eric Bossi....

"Often times when prospects pop up this late in the recruiting process we view them with a lot of skepticism. However, having seen Bowden play at a few events this season we can see what coaches are thinking.

"Bowden is a lengthy two guard capable of stripping the nets from deep and he can put the ball on the floor and create. He's a guy who can play some point guard on the high school level and while he won't likely be running a team in college, he can be an effective secondary ball handler.

"He's a value recruit at this point in that he has a high upside and has a huge ceiling for growth once he gets into a college program and adds strength."

Reactions: 1 person
His other offers are from good programs. I'll trust Barnes over the couch coaches.

Reactions: 7 people
LIKE IT...right up the road, old stomping grounds...11E to UT...

What? Not Boom worthy?

BOOM!

:)

Bunch of sourpusses. :p

Really glad to see this young man is going to be a Vol. This is the sort of player from the Knoxville area that were he to have gone to another school on Tennessee's schedule, he would light us up every time we see him. Proud to have another Hornet on the Volunteer basketball team. I'm pretty sure this is the first Hornet to become a Volunteer basketball player since my friend and fellow Hornet David Mynatt.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
As a guard, I am not down on him, but we do need some 6'10 plus guys bad!!

The game is changing even players that tall arent getting NBA looks anymore - I would say we need a couple power forwards for rebounding and some offense, similar to Stokes and Tobias Harris

Last edited:
Really glad to see this young man is going to be a Vol. This is the sort of player from the Knoxville area that were he to have gone to another school on Tennessee's schedule, he would light us up every time we see him. Proud to have another Hornet on the Volunteer basketball team. I'm pretty sure this is the first Hornet to become a Volunteer basketball player since my friend and fellow Hornet David Mynatt.

Anthony Sewell.

These type won't bring the hardware home, i was looking at what we got coming, what NIT talent, Barnes won't go the the state of Texas and try, he might hurt some feelings at Texas his heart is still in Texas, we need to get next year over and try to bring you know who home, don't we.

Do yourself a favor, become an Auburn fan. We won't miss you, I promise.

VN Store

Back