F Williams FR

Possible Commits:
Omer Yurtseven
Jordan Bowden
Adonis Delarosa

Possible defects:
Kasongo(probable)
Hubbs III(don't think so)
Mostella(not after that tournament performance)

Overall next years team will be very young, however I feel that the talent will be better. Think about this a minute. Mostella averaged 18 ppg in the tournament, Hubbs averaged 12 ppg, and Schofield averaged 11.3 ppg. They all 3 showed a lot of promise, and Phillips was our best scorer at the end of the regular season, so he showed a lot of promise as well. This team will be better next season, but I just thought I would post the current make up of next years team. I am most excited about Turner. IMO he will be our best player.

Reactions: 2 people
If our BIGS don't improve or we don't recruit a quality BIG (rebounding, rim protecting,staying out of foul trouble,etc) I see us only getting to the NIT. Guard play will be the biggest improvement overall. Lots of competition in the back court this fall, but still young.

Reactions: 2 people
Next years team will be as bad as this years team, no big time recruits you sit home and watch everybody play, Barnes wont go in the state of Texas and try to recruit the elite that he was recruiting while at Texas i can see not doing that last year but its like if he recruited a player for Texas he wont touch them now his heart is still in Texas, 10 years ago he would have been a good hire not now.

Reactions: 1 person
Next years team will be as bad as this years team, no big time recruits you sit home and watch everybody play, Barnes wont go in the state of Texas and try to recruit the elite that he was recruiting while at Texas i can see not doing that last year but its like if he recruited a player for Texas he wont touch them now his heart is still in Texas, 10 years ago he would have been a good hire not now.
Tennessee has a different recruiting base than Texas. Texas kids usually want to stay in Texas. They have A&M, Texas, Baylor, Tech, SMU, etc to go to and be close to home. Why would they come to Tennessee?
His recruiting base now is TN, GA, and NC mainly. Also don't sleep on next years class.

Last edited:

Disagree completely. You're the most negative person I've heard, and if you can't see Barnes is still a good coach after the SEC tournament then you're absolutely blind. I guarantee next year's team will be better, and I think you're dead wrong about everything you said.

Reactions: 5 people
Unless he builds or recruits a front line (as he calls it) that can play his game, next season will be a repeat of this one.
Small ball isn't Barnes ball.

I definitely like the talent we have returning at the 1-4 positions, especially with the addition of Turner at pg. however, without a post presence I am not sure the results will be any different than this year. Alexander may be decent in a year or two but he is not capable of battling with SEC post players unless he can put on alot of muscle and weight in the off season.

I'd hate to be your friend. Smh

Did you take English at Bama?

I agree OP. I am excited as well.

Second year in the system. Talented guys coming in. Have some guys that can score the ball well. Only need 2-3 newbies to perform well like Schofield and Phillips did this season. Turner had a season to practice, so his learning curve in games will be short. The roster will be playing positions they were recruited to play, instead of playing where the team needed them to play to have any shot of winning.

Need to sign a big that can give them some quality minutes.

Alabama, South Carolina, Virginia and Florida could be added to the Tennessee, Georgia and North Carolina recruiting base mix.

Unless he builds or recruits a front line (as he calls it) that can play his game, next season will be a repeat of this one.
Small ball isn't Barnes ball.

Next year may be a repeat of this year. But only playing smaller than our opponents. There will be more offensive punch. More bodies that can press and go after rebounds. This team is going to be very exciting next year with all the athletes coming in. Turner is going to be very huge.

The difference between this year and next year is that yes we went small ball this year but we went small ball with no true pg. Next year we're adding 2-3. On top of that we are adding a lot of speed. I really hope Barnes uses a press next year a lot.

The difference between this year and next year is that yes we went small ball this year but we went small ball with no true pg. Next year we're adding 2-3. On top of that we are adding a lot of speed. I really hope Barnes uses a press next year a lot.
Me too. I've always loved teams that benefit from the press. Whether it's slowing the opposition's shot clock down or creating a turnover.

I did like Donnie's slow down press, even though it was often beat. It sometimes caught other teams offguard (Butler).

VN Store

Back