SEC attrition and outlook

bleedingTNorange

Figured this could become a useful thread, I will update with addition/subtractions of SEC teams as they happen, I will place in order of finish this year in SEC:

Kentucky:
Losses: Alex Poythress, Skal Labissiere, Tyler Ullis, Marcus Lee, Jamal Murray, Isaiah Briscoe
Additions: 6 five star signees

Texas A&M:
Losses: Alex Caruso, Danuel House, Jalen Jones, Anthony Collins
Additions: 4 four star signees

South Carolina:
Losses: Michael Carrera, Laimonas Chatkevicius, Mindaugas Kacinas, Eric Cobb, Jamall Gregory
Additions: 1 four star, 2 three stars

LSU:
Losses: Josh Gray, Keith Hornsby, Ben Simmons, Tim Quarterman
Additions: 5 three star signees

Vanderbilt:
Losses: Carter Josephs, Josh Henderson, Wade Baldwin, Damian James
Additions: 2 three star signees

Ole Miss:
Losses: Stefan Moody, Martavious Newby, Anthony Perez, Tomasz Gielo, JT Escobar
Additions: 5 three star signees, Cullen Neal (GT)

Georgia:
Losses: Charles Mann, Kenny Gaines
Additions: 2 four stars signed

Florida:
Losses: Dorian Finney-Smith, Devon Walker
Additions: 1 four star, 1 three star signed

Arkansas:
Losses: Anthlon Durham, Anthlon Bell, Keaton Miles, Willy Kouassi, Jimmy Whitt, Lorenzo Jenkins
Additions: 3 four stars, 2 three stars

Alabama:
Losses: Retin Obasohan, Arthur Edwards, Justin Coleman
Additions: 2 four stars signed

Mississippi State:
Losses: Craig Sword, Fred Thomas, Travis Daniels, Johnny Zuppardo, Gavin Ware, Malik Newman
Additions: 6 four stars, 1 three star signed

Tennessee:
Losses: Armani Moore, Kevin Punter, Derek Reese, Devon Baulkman, Ray Kasongo
Additions: 6 three stars signed

Auburn:
Losses: Tyler Harris, Cinmeon Bowers, Jordan Grainger, Zach Allison
Additions: 1 five star, 1 four star, 1 three star

Missouri:
Losses: Ryan Rosberg, Namon Wright, Traimone Isabell, Jakeenan Gant
Additions: 3 three stars signed

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Not to seem like a downer but with our key losses, and no obvious impact player... Do we even improve next year?

Just playing devils advocate

Not to seem like a downer but with our key losses, and no obvious impact player... Do we even improve next year?

I think we will be young and green but it will be more fun to watch some real talent on the court.We will have 3 players who can play PG,plenty of talent at the 2-3 position and I'm sure Fulks/Williams/Alexander will be better than Reese.

Reactions: 4 people
Rick is a good recruiter and a very good practice coach, but he is the type guy who needs 4 or 5 years to get a team to the top. I'm not sure at this stage in his career he has the time to really make UT a contender in the long haul. I see him around from 3 to 4 years as a stabilizing force and then we transition on to an up and comer.

Our incoming class, compared to these others you see on the list...I don't see a path to a lot of improvement in SEC standings.

Reactions: 1 person

I for one am very excited to see what Admiral can do after a year in the gym and work with CRB... if he and the others put in the work over the off season we will have a good "team"...

I note that Pearl is already attracting 5 stars... inevitably Auburn will rise to the top as we once did. Congrats to them in advance, at least it's not Alabama or Florida.

The type of guys we're recruiting are guys like Wichita state or other schools like that get. You see where those guys get nearly every year too. These guys Barnes has signed are solid recruits, and next year will be a better year than this past year.

Reactions: 3 people
The type of guys we're recruiting are guys like Wichita state or other schools like that get. You see where those guys get nearly every year too. These guys Barnes has signed are solid recruits, and next year will be a better year than this past year.

this might be a good idea - we can enjoy the players for more than 1 season - unlike the 5 stars that leave for the NBA on other teams after 1 year

Rick barnes has recruited very well in the past to a non-Bball football centric university. I'm surprised he hasn't landed more top60 type talent bit do think he has the capability to do that in the future

Goes with saying, but UK will undoubtedly lose more than Alex to the nba.

I always wondered if guys at UK decided to return..what would happen to the new recruits that already signed? Wouldn't that put them over?

I note that Pearl is already attracting 5 stars... inevitably Auburn will rise to the top as we once did. Congrats to them in advance, at least it's not Alabama or Florida.

after back to back 20 loss seasons..I would suggest that Pearl win this next year

Reactions: 1 person
I think Tenn will be much improved over the last year. If Mostella plays like he did in the SEC tourney that will aid Tenn offense. I think we were seeing Tenn offense as CRB plans for it to be. A motion offense. Schofield will give Tenn a forward who can score from 15 feet on a consistent basis. Also has a nice 3pt. shot. Can rebound with the big guys. Alexander with weight can be effective in the center slot. Hubbs if he can improve his energy and defense could be a real asset in the other forward spot.Phillips needs to improve his guard duties. I would prefer that he learn to be lower to the court in dribbling. Hopefully Turner is an excellent pg and that would go a long way in solving one of the problems Tenn has had for the previous 2 years. With the incoming freshmen,hopefully these guys will be able to augment the team at pg and center.

I always wondered if guys at UK decided to return..what would happen to the new recruits that already signed? Wouldn't that put them over?

You'd have to see someone drop to a non-scholly type of situation. Willis who is an instate guy, or maybe Hawkins (I'm pretty sure he's on scholly). We should be fine with 6 or even 7 recruits though. I count 11 or 12 schollys if the players I suspect of leaving, do indeed leave (Ulis, Lee, obviously Alex, Murray, maybe Skal).

Anyone thinking Labisierre is ready for the NBA has no knowledge of the sport.

Money is tempting. He has potential and after a very disappointing year, I wouldn't be shocked to see him go. He'd at least be able to hang around on a rookie deal for a couple years if he went in the first round.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back