Vols schedule home-and-home vs. UNC

Awesome! Tennessee usually schedules good opponents. Just need the other SEC teams to do so to help elevate the status of SEC BB!

Reactions: 1 person
While still working to finalize the 2016-17 schedule, and looking at future schedules, Barnes said Tennessee has been in discussions with Virginia, Arizona and Indiana.

Games against Arizona and Indiana could be home-and-home meetings, while talks with Virginia have centered on a possible two-year neutral-site series in Nashville and Washington, D.C.

Nice.

Reactions: 2 people
I was so hoping this was for the Football program. Been wanting a rematch with the heels since the 2010 bowl game.

It will be nice to see the team play an elite ACC team though.

Love the scheduling, not sure I love the timing quite as much.

Reactions: 5 people
Awesome! Tennessee usually schedules good opponents. Just need the other SEC teams to do so to help elevate the status of SEC BB!

+1

As many on here may already be aware, since Pearl came here, Tennessee, along with perhaps Kentucky and LSU, have been really good about scheduling non-conference opponents. We have had the likes of Kansas, Texas, Butler, West Virginia, UConn, Oklahoma State, Gonzaga, Duke, Georgetown, Xavier, Witchita State, Virginia, NC State, Memphis, etc. appear on the schedule.

We, as fans, have been lucky to have a school that aggresively schedules in the non-conference part of the schedule.

Reactions: 2 people
Since we won't be playing teams like UNC in the post season anytime soon, I applaud RB for signing up quality non conference opponents.

Thank you CRB!

I'm glad we are not one of the programs who goes all in trying to manipulate the record to look good and preserve jobs / make tourneys. I would much rather play in big games and maybe win some, instead of having a better record and playing nobody. Then 1 and done if you actually squeak into a tourney.

I like the games themselves. Not just the end results. Loving what Pearl elevated still continuing.

Don't like a conference system where we play some teams 3 times and many 2. So many intriguing BBall matchups out there that we'll never see. I know it is what it is, but JMO.

Love the scheduling, not sure I love the timing quite as much.

I like the fact that the game in Knoxville will be the season after next. That gives us a year to develop all of our young players. Expecting a win in Chapel Hill with any team is a tall task, so it is better to get that out of the way next year as we are playing many inexperienced guys.

Maybe the ncaa will suspend all of NC's starters at least until after the UT game as punishment for that big academic scandal they've been dragging their feet on for far too long now.

We will not be completely void of talent next year. And depending on who leaves for the NBA after this year changes things. And remember they tend to play down to competition at times.

We will not be completely void of talent next year. And depending on who leaves for the NBA after this year changes things. And remember they tend to play down to competition at times.

They lost to Wes Washpun early this season. UNI

Proof is in the pudding. Playing big teams and having a record of 21-10 vs 25-8 can be a difference. The committee wants to see good SOS (USCjr vs. Vandy). Play big teams and win a few and you are in business.

VN Store

Back