Cuonzo v Barnes v Pearl

If this is the cornholio from back in the Gridscape days then this question really is a BS setup. No one can be this dumb.

Reactions: 4 people
OP is stating facts. Others may wish to ignore these facts because hey clash with their agendas...

Cal has way more talent than UT or Auburn. Of course, they will rank higher. The only purpose of this thread is based on a Counzo-love , or hatred for Bruce agenda.

Reactions: 7 people
So Martin gets no credit for coaching his team and their success is based on talent alone?

I don't think it's that, 99% of the Vol fans are sick of discussing our past coaches. It's been done a million times . I'm sure a Cal board would love to talk about him, or the NCAA forum has a few threads on him.

Reactions: 6 people
I don't think it's that, 99% of the Vol fans are sick of discussing our past coaches. It's been done a million times . I'm sure a Cal board would love to talk about him, or the NCAA forum has a few threads on him.

Oh, I can see why many may wish pretend Martin had never been a part of Tennessee basketball history. He left Tennessee largely because of a ill-conceived petition to bring back another former coach who had no hope of ever being re-hired.

Regardless of the forum, there is nothing wrong with discussing history, however unpleasant it may make some feel. Those who ignore its lessons will repeat their mistakes.

Reactions: 3 people
Nice thread.......lol

Cuonzo is a good coach for sure but you can't compare the situations for these three coaches..RB first year with no height/experience/talent vs Cuonzo 2nd year? with talent/experience vs well Bruce has NOTHING to work with. Yeah, Cuonzo Barnes and Pearl recruit the talent, however, RB hasn't had enough opportunity to recruit to UT. Bruce is struggling but its Auburn so....lol

Facts are facts but in this case, can not serve the purpose of comparing these coaches bc the sample size (tenures) are too short.

Reactions: 1 person
Just stating facts. He coached a team that people thought would be good, out of the rankings. Doesn't seem like that much success to me.

Excellent point. A team with a 15 preseason ranking is now sitting squarely with a 21 BPI at the end of the season. Yeah he really fell flat with those expectations. No way you would be lugging an agenda around...

Reactions: 3 people
Excellent point. A team with a 15 preseason ranking is now sitting squarely with a 21 BPI at the end of the season. Yeah he really fell flat with those expectations. No way you would be lugging an agenda around...

He has two lottery picks and three first rounders. He should be a lot higher than 21.

Reactions: 1 person
Two of the top 5 scorers for Cal are Freshman, how does Martin not get credit for that? They are #24 in the AP and some are predicting a 5 seed and he's playing in a league where 3 conference foes are ranked in the AP Top 15.

He went from 18 wins in year 1, to 23 (currently) in year 2.

I think Barnes is a great coach interested to see what he does next year, but Martin is a good Coach too and he'll get better with experience.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back