Josh Richardson killed it again. 22 points, 16 in the 4th Quarter.

SportCenter showed some highlights of the Heat vs the Bulls and it was all about Josh Richardson. ESPN stated that Josh is shooting the best 3pt percentage in games after the All-Star break. He had 22pts 4-6 from 3, 4 assists and 2 rebounds.

Richardon is currently getting Beno Udrih's minutes (who is injured) and is taking advantage of the minutes gained. Josh has had multiple double digit games and is on fire shooting the ball.

Richardson ranks nineth among rookies in points (8.4), 10th in minutes played (24.9), shot an eye-opening 61.1 percent from three-point range (11 of 18) and averaged 2.2 rebounds, 1.6 assists, 1.2 steals and 0.6 blocks

Read more here:
Miami Heat rookie Josh Richardson’s anonymity a thing of the past | Miami Herald

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Some of his teammates had some thoughts on Josh:

Wade said he has seen Richardson’s growth over the last few games and is impressed.

“He’s getting more comfortable on the floor, and I think he’s more comfortable in his role,” Wade said. “Defensively man, he’s so good. His anticipation off the ball is so good. He’s aggressive going to the basket. He’s shooting the ball a lot better. We need that. He’s giving it to us.”

@ChrisBosh
Way to bounce back fellas! My youngin @J_Rich1 is ballin!!!!! #HeatNation

@Goran_Dragic
I love this, great game #rook2 @J_Rich1 !!!

Reactions: 3 people
J-Rich is just so athletic with great character. Now that he has all the basketball skills - star.

He's gonna be like a Bruce Bowen/Metta World Peace if he keeps this up. He's a defensive stopper who can give you the occasional 20 points a night. That's rare in the NBA. I think he'll be a better offensive player than Tony Allen.

There is a spot on almost any NBA roster for a guy like Josh. From 2nd round pick to out scoring the Bulls by himself in the 3rd quarter.

Even Dwayne Wade said Josh is the best off-ball defender on the team. As a rookie !

Reactions: 4 people
That was great!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting.:good!:

He's a great guy with excellent work ethic from what I've read. Glad to see him having success.

Reactions: 1 person
That was great!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting.:good!:

He's a great guy with excellent work ethic from what I've read. Glad to see him having success.

Richardson in particular has been a pleasant surprise for the Heat, who have seen no shortage of turnover at that position this season. They dealt Chalmers to the Memphis Grizzlies in November and lost his replacement, Beno Udrih, to a season-ending injury along with promising second-year prospect Tyler Johnson. Richardson has seen his role increase and helped to steady Miami’s second unit.
“I think the biggest thing with his confidence right now is, when your veteran players start to have confidence in you, it goes to a different level,” Spoelstra said of Richardson. “The time is now. We don’t have time to develop. The time is to play and produce and take advantage of every opportunity. You can see the veteran players really enjoying him playing well. How can you not gain confidence when you have such decorated veterans that are rooting for you and wanting you to play aggressively?”

Am I the only one who about had a heart attack when starting to read thread title?! First thing I see is Josh Richardson killed, and it scared me for a second.

Glad to see him doing well though!!

Am I the only one who about had a heart attack when starting to read thread title?! First thing I see is Josh Richardson killed, and it scared me for a second.

Glad to see him doing well though!!

I thought the same thing...terrible thread title

He's gonna be like a Bruce Bowen/Metta World Peace if he keeps this up. He's a defensive stopper who can give you the occasional 20 points a night. That's rare in the NBA. I think he'll be a better offensive player than Tony Allen.

There is a spot on almost any NBA roster for a guy like Josh. From 2nd round pick to out scoring the Bulls by himself in the 3rd quarter.

Even Dwayne Wade said Josh is the best off-ball defender on the team. As a rookie !
Kawhi Leonard 2.0

Not as good of a night tonight. 8 points & 2 steals in 25 minutes. He did get into foul trouble though. The Heat lost to the Raptors in OT.

I believe even if he had not gotten drafted he would have made it to this level bc of his own work ethic. He seems to have the drive to get done anything that he sets his mind to.

Not as good of a night tonight. 8 points & 2 steals in 25 minutes. He did get into foul trouble though. The Heat lost to the Raptors in OT.

Right now he's a 3 and D guy. He won't have 20 point nights with regularity at this point. 8-10 points, a 3pm or 2 and a handful of steals + blocks.

Right now he's a 3 and D guy. He won't have 20 point nights with regularity at this point. 8-10 points, a 3pm or 2 and a handful of steals + blocks.

Playing pg his senior year exposed his defensive talent and ended up awakening NBA recruiters to enable his being drafted. I believe that he would have eventually made it, just a little longer time frame.

VN Store

Back