16 TN SG Jordan Bowden (UT commit 3/22/16)

BigZiti09

Sheep
4_4187941.jpg

6'5" 180lbs
22 Feet Academy - Greenville, SC
Originally from Carter High School in Knox County
http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/941/187/4_4187941.jpg
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/187875
Jordan Bowden, 22 Feet Academy , Shooting Guard

Vols have offered

Other offers: Cincinnati, Providence, Marquette, Utah, ETSU, MTSU

Last edited:
looking more and more like we are gonna get at least one more and possibly two or three more transfers.

Solid offer list.

Hes gonna get more if he stays uncommitted. Kevin Ollie came to see him last night. I think LSU and Texas may offer. We will see if that ever happens. Not sure what their needs are. Teams are elective in spring.

Does anyone know his high school stats or more background on him?

Took Carter to the state two years in a row. I'm not sure of his numbers in high school put they were good. They played Loyola Maramount style so they were one of the highest scoring teams in the country.

I'll see if I can find his stats for you. I know he broke the single game scoring record last year with 54.

Took Carter to the state two years in a row. I'm not sure of his numbers in high school put they were good. They played Loyola Maramount style so they were one of the highest scoring teams in the country.

I'll see if I can find his stats for you. I know he broke the single game scoring record last year with 54.

I think that is what hurt him some in high school....he seemed like a system player.

Does anyone know his high school stats or more background on him?

Senior season at Carter HS...

Bowden, who earned All-PrepXtra first-team honors as a junior, averaged 26.6 points, 8.9 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game this season. There were windmill dunks and plenty of other highlights, including a school-record 54 points against Gibbs on Jan. 30.

It was the first of two 50-plus performances. They were the crescendos of a season in which he scored 932 points.

Most of his scoring came in waves. Bowden was held to fewer than 15 points in only four games, but scored 30 or more 14 times.

He did that by playing primarily above the rim for Carter (27-8), shooting 55 percent and generating tempo in Boydstone’s fast-paced offense by rolling off 10 consecutive double-doubles during the first half of the season.

PrepXtra Boys Basketball Player of the Year: Jordan Bowden grows into premier scorer

Jordan Bowden's (Strawberry Plains, TN) Basketball Stats

Reactions: 2 people
Here are some highlights of him if anyone is interested.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgxljaT3gHo[/youtube]

at the 22 second mark he drains a 3 in TBA and looks just like JMac.

Reactions: 1 person
Kid is definitely athletic. Between him, Kwe Parker, and Jalen Johnson, there might not be a more athletic trio of incoming guards in the country in all honesty.

Now, as we've seen many times in the past, athleticism does not a basketball player make, and I think all three guys have question marks about their game, specifically in relation to their outside shooting. If they can continually improve that aspect of their game and be consistent threats from the perimeter, both driving and shooting, then you have a real nice rotation at the 2G and SF position.

Bowden reminds me A LOT of Jordan McRae.

Was he a 15 and then went to prep School to be a 16?

I believe that is correct. An added bonus IMO as it was essentially a redshirt season where he played against elite competition. Seems to have worked out for him too in respect to collegiate offers. Instead of going to Tennessee Tech (just as an example), he'll have his choice of high!major programs.

Kid is definitely athletic. Between him, Kwe Parker, and Jalen Johnson, there might not be a more athletic trio of incoming guards in the country in all honesty.

Now, as we've seen many times in the past, athleticism does not a basketball player make, and I think all three guys have question marks about their game, specifically in relation to their outside shooting. If they can continually improve that aspect of their game and be consistent threats from the perimeter, both driving and shooting, then you have a real nice rotation at the 2G and SF position.

Bowden reminds me A LOT of Jordan McRae.
That's who he reminds me of too. Jalen Reminds me of JP and idk who Kwe reminds me of.

That's who he reminds me of too. Jalen Reminds me of JP and idk who Kwe reminds me of.

If we are sticking with UT comparisons, I see a more athletic Ramar Smith for Kwe Parker. Good defender with a developing shot who can play some PG in a pinch, but is probably more suited for SG.

Thanks guys

So potentially 2 of our signees would actually not be "true" freshmen

This kid and fulk

Don't know if the kid is a knock down shooter by any means, but he could helps the Vols next year. 22ft plays a national schedule, so he has certainly played the best the nation has to offer this year. Would like to see a kid like that. With his potential signing...that would make SIX 2016ers, which is a bunch, but the team could use it. With the potential for Omer from Turkey, it would be a huge class, but with four starters graduating it may be for the best.

Thanks guys

So potentially 2 of our signees would actually not be "true" freshmen

This kid and fulk

Not sure of Fulkerson. Thought he was a true HS SR. But you add in Lamonte Turner as well, who redshirted.

Bone, Parker, Johnson, Williams, Fulkerson, Turner, and possibly 3 other additions. You are looking at potentially 9 newcomers to add to S. Phillips, Alexander, Schofield, and whatever is left of Mostella, Hubbs, and Kasongo. Talk about a complete roster overhaul.

VN Store

Back