'16 JUCO C Adonis Delarosa

bleedingTNorange

Vols have offered, scheduled to visit this weekend. Weight has been a concern as he was over 300lbs, but reports say he's lost 60+lbs since arriving at Williston College. He was a St. John's signee out of high school where he redshirted and is playing one year of JUCO ball, will be a RS sophomore when he arrives on a college campus.

Vols have offered, scheduled to visit this weekend. Weight has been a concern as he was over 300lbs, but reports say he's lost 60+lbs since arriving at Williston College. He was a St. John's signee out of high school where he redshirted and is playing one year of JUCO ball, will be a RS sophomore when he arrives on a college campus.

I asked the JUCO guy on twitter what Delarosa weighs now, because that guy in the game last night still is well north of 300 pounds. If he's lost 60 pounds, he must have weighed over 400 when he got to Williston.

I asked the JUCO guy on twitter what Delarosa weighs now, because that guy in the game last night still is well north of 300 pounds. If he's lost 60 pounds, he must have weighed over 400 when he got to Williston.

247 had him at 332, which would put him at 272, that's still very big when he's playing next to 6'4" 165lbs guys.

247 had him at 332, which would put him at 272, that's still very big when he's playing next to 6'4" 165lbs guys.

Maybe, but that's a big, big, guy.

Kendrick Perkins is listed at 270 and Delarosa looks a lot bigger than him to me.

Kendrick_Perkins.jpg

How tall is he?

I googled him. I saw 6' 10" on a story link to St. John's SB nation site.

However, his St. John's profile lists him at 7' 0" and 322 lbs. When he gets here, run up to him with a tape measure and get an official confirmation. Once you get outta jail, come back and report it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I googled him. I saw 6' 10" on a story link to St. John's SB nation site.

However, his St. John's profile lists him at 7' 0" and 322 lbs. When he gets here, run up to him with a tape measure and get an official confirmation. Once you get outta jail, come back and report it.

:eek:lol: Wow. Are we finally going to get us a seven footer with soft hands and quick feet...:pepper::worship:

GO VOLS!

:eek:lol: Wow. Are we finally going to get us a seven footer with soft hands and quick feet...:pepper::worship:

GO VOLS!

I take it you didn't watch him last night.
He'd meet this team coming from the other direction on about every possession.

Barnes failure, despite 17 NCAA appearances in a row, to be able to lure any legit big to see the opportunity to play here.

What big time post player that's been pursued by major programs for 5 years or more is going to walk away from their offers in favor of one from a just fired coach leading a program that's in chaos? I would question the decision making of that player and Barnes seems to be attempting to assemble a roster with a collective BB IQ way higher than what he inherited.

Reactions: 2 people
Barnes failure, despite 17 NCAA appearances in a row, to be able to lure any legit big to see the opportunity to play here.

Your are right, All we need right now is another big with the "project" tag, which this guy most definitely is....

If we want a 7 footer its gonna be a project guy or a flier like Yurtseven. The good 6'10 + American players are going to Duke, UNC, UK etc. We aren't getting a developed big man at this point. After a year or two and if we get OY and he is a high pick we will start getting quality big men. Its hard to pull a top 100 big man to UT. Even in our best Pearl years he could never pull a good 6'10 + player that good schools wanted.

If we want a 7 footer its gonna be a project guy or a flier like Yurtseven. The good 6'10 + American players are going to Duke, UNC, UK etc. We aren't getting a developed big man at this point. After a year or two and if we get OY and he is a high pick we will start getting quality big men. Its hard to pull a top 100 big man to UT. Even in our best Pearl years he could never pull a good 6'10 + player that good schools wanted.
Yurtseven is pretty devloped.

Nvm, missed the part about him.

VN Store

Back