Unofficial TN v Auburn at TBA Tuesday 2/9/16 - 7pm SECNW

I was going to make it if no one else did it by the time I woke up...Thanks Thunder for going ahead and doing it. I'll just post a few things I was thinking about to post if I had done it.

Why this game matters;
-UT is looking to get back to .500 and improve to 11-2 at home.
-With a win, UT would even up the series 1-1 on the season, and get its 68th all time win over the Tigers. This is the 101st meeting between the schools.

What the stats say;
-In RPI, UT is 110th, and Auburn 114th.
-By KenPom, in adjusted offense UT is 54th, and in adjusted defense, 166th.
-Auburn is 208th in adjusted offense, and 162nd in adjusted defense.

In the news;
-Auburn is without Kareem Canty, it’s leader in scoring and assists. He is suspended indefinitely.
-Bruce Pearl...enough said.
-Auburn is looking to break a 5 game losing skid.

Reactions: 2 people
As good of a chance as the Vols will have the rest of the year to get back to back wins, come out ready to play and there's no reason we shouldn't win these next 2.

If we drop 2 to Pearl this year this board will go into a code red stage 3 meltdown.

Reactions: 1 person
In the old days I enjoyed watching Bruce's team beat Rick Barnes' team.
I can't say that anymore, but another loss to Auburn wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Btw Thunder, great link in the op. I'm assuming that's the program for the game. Are those found in a certain place before every game?

If we drop 2 to Pearl this year this board will go into a code red stage 3 meltdown.

As it should, because this would be a terrible loss.

Of course I know you mean the paint chip eaters would come out in full force.

Tonight, we get revenge against Auburn & Bruce Pearl. Helps that their starting PG Canty has been suspended as well. Being at home I think we respond nicely & win pretty comfortable tonight. I'm going to say 75-63. Punter another 20+ point game.

Vols have the numbers - but Pearl has Barnes' number.

Still, Vols pull the W, unless Bruce shows up in a burnt orange blazer.

78-65 GBO!

Will the game be a sellout tonight with Pearl back in town?

I doubt it. I don't think there is as much buzz about it as it was last year, since last year was his first time back. Plus last year was a Saturday game.

VN Store

Back