This game felt a lot like

GBO97

The Beast is Rising
The Georgia football game.

-UT was coming off frustrating previous losses particularly featuring blown leads.
-Very few people (including myself) had any faith in UT going in. Almost all the betting money went to the opponent.
-many Vol fans (including myself) went in with the attitude of "why am I even watching this?"
-A bad start put UT in a 21 point hole in the 1st half.
-Things finally started clicking as UT made a game of it going into the half.
-(for me at least) it just seemed like false hope
-but UT continued to play well in the 2nd half and takes the lead.
-at long last, the Vols finally held on to win by 7. Vol fans celebrate the biggest win of the year.

The UGA game turned the Vols football season around. Could the UK game do the same for our basketball team?

Go Vols! Great win today!

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 people
Good points It's the first game I've got to attend in person since the Pearl years (lived 1000 miles away) and so glad the team and crowd came alive
Excellent comeback win - should be a confidence boost

Reactions: 1 person
Like I said before the game, and even during it early...this was one of those games I wasn't going to feel comfortable about until it was over. UT has the players that can get streaky. Those shots by Punter, Moore, and Admiral killed us. UT won that game with free throws in the 2nd. UT played so much harder than UK did all night.

Congrats on the win.

Reactions: 15 people
I really expected this to be about pearl lol. But, I hope the fans continue to come out like that. Having a good showing may help.

Can't remember who it was who got on a rant in the RF b/c someone mentioned we were getting blown out by UK. He was DVRing the game and was in there b/c he knew the subject wouldn't come up. Pissed that they ruined it for him. LOL

Hope he gets a show when he watches it.

Gosh, our guys were aggressive and controlled against a much larger team. Cals D scheme was to pressure the 3ptLine. The only problem was that his big guys had to draw all the way out on Armani. 6-4 vs 6-10 is a mismatch 20' from the rim. Moore made them pay. Wow!

Reactions: 2 people
Took down our 2 biggest BB rivals in Florida and Kentucky. GBO!!!

Don't forget Vandy. There's a reason they used to get the orange blazer treatment along with Kentucky. All time, they may be a bigger rival than Florida, but yes Florida is up there.

Big win tonight.

Beatdown turnaround ! :clapping: :dance2: The 'cats left TBA with "Rocky Top" still ringing in their ears . so great job BO Nation. :good!:

Last edited:
attachment.php

Reactions: 2 people
Anyone know where this comeback ranks all-time for the BasketVols? I heard that it was the largest since a 17 point comeback in 2006-07 (December 2006 against Rick Barnes and Texas), but I don't know what it is overall. I can't imagine it being far from the biggest ever.

I witnessed an "epic" moment a few minutes after the final buzzer. There was a Big Blue family of 4 sitting a few rows behind me... probably from a trailer park in the Corbin metroplex. Mama, Papaw, Big Brother, Little Sister. Brother was about 30... Sister probably not yet old old enough to drive. Three of them sat there quietly, but Junior was in a shouting match with UT fans 20 rows below. He was yelling "this will help ya'all get inta the NIT" over and over. The best part though... think about when Gomer ran after Barney for doing the U-turn and yelling "citizen's arrest! citizen's arrest!" (arrest pronounced as if it has 3 syllables). Mouth Breather Brother's voice inflection when he was yelling "NIT" was identical to Gomer's while yelling "Citizen's Arrest". Damn I wish I had my iPhone on and captured the moment. "Citizen's arrest, citizen's arrest!" "NIT, NIT!". Maybe you had to he there. BTW, Junior left the family unit to get closer to the UT fans that he was engaged with in debate. I left at that point and didn't get to see if they worked out their differences.

Edit: Oh, and Junior kind of looked like Sgt Carter with a beer belly and wearing a blue KY t-shirt and blue jeans.

Last edited:
I went to that horrible game at TCU and am making the drive to Arky. This definitely puts some life into the drive.

I watched via DVR and finished at 11:30 Central. Unreal. I was watching in semi-FF for a few minutes until I saw 34-18 and then stopped and rewound it back. I gradually slowed down with the remote the rest of the way. Holy cow.

Anyone know where this comeback ranks all-time for the BasketVols? I heard that it was the largest since a 17 point comeback in 2006-07 (December 2006 against Rick Barnes and Texas), but I don't know what it is overall. I can't imagine it being far from the biggest ever.

Heard on a post game show that the largest was probably versus UNC-Asheville, 24 points. Tragically, the TN students rushed the court after the final buzzer.

Jerry Green era.

Last edited:
The Georgia football game.

-UT was coming off frustrating previous losses particularly featuring blown leads.
-Very few people (including myself) had any faith in UT going in. Almost all the betting money went to the opponent.
-many Vol fans (including myself) went in with the attitude of "why am I even watching this?"
-A bad start put UT in a 21 point hole in the 1st half.
-Things finally started clicking as UT made a game of it going into the half.
-(for me at least) it just seemed like false hope
-but UT continued to play well in the 2nd half and takes the lead.
-at long last, the Vols finally held on to win by 7. Vol fans celebrate the biggest win of the year.

The UGA game turned the Vols football season around. Could the UK game do the same for our basketball team?

Go Vols! Great win today!

We will need to win all of the remaining games to put us at 20 wins and even with 20 wins we could be passed over and not make the NCAA.

VN Store

Back