Coach Barnes please

1standgoal

recruit some more big men in next year's class. No hope for any improvement without one or two dominant big guys coming in next year.

recruit some more big men in next year's class. No hope for any improvement without one or two dominant big guys coming in next year.

All the good big mans are gonna go to other schools unfortunately like Kentucky etc...If Barnes is going to get any big men they are going to be raw (plus need a lot if guidance). I just dont think Barnes can improve and coach raw big men its not his forte, Probably the same reason why JB left, plus look at the 2 bigs that we have now can you say they have improved like KP?

All the good big mans are gonna go to other schools unfortunately like Kentucky etc...If Barnes is going to get any big men they are going to be raw (plus need a lot if guidance). I just dont think Barnes can improve and coach raw big men its not his forte, Probably the same reason why JB left, plus look at the 2 bigs that we have now can you say they have improved like KP?

Big difference between Punter going into his senior year and the development by first year post players. I would say that Alexander is significantly improved. KA can only get so much better until he adds weight.

Reactions: 1 person
Alexander has improved a lot. Especially for a kid that's only been playing basketball for 3 years. I thought I heard that he just set the school record for most blocks in a game with 6 blocks on Saturday.

Alexander has improved a lot. Especially for a kid that's only been playing basketball for 3 years. I thought I heard that he just set the school record for most blocks in a game with 6 blocks on Saturday.

I agree. The next step is to get him involved in the offense a little. I like the idea of popping him out from time to time and letting him take a 15 ft'er.(he's shooting over 70% from the line) Til he acquires a resemblance of a back to the basket game, I don't like him posting up and staying there. It just clogs the paint. Imo

he improved i wouldn't say a lot, for a 6'10-6'11 player he still has a long way to go. When he goes against other big men he comes up short. Tonight we will see just how far hes come

he improved i wouldn't say a lot, for a 6'10-6'11 player he still has a long way to go. When he goes against other big men he comes up short. Tonight we will see just how far hes come

Well he's getting more minutes than any other big so...

1standgoal,
Thank you for your input on the team, I have been wondering what's wrong and your idea was really an "aha" moment. Hope the wife and kids are well, will I see you at the ice cream social at the Moose Club?
Thanks again, your friend,
Rick.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back