TN's next basketball coach

Thunder Good-Oil

Since Barnes will retire in 5-10 years:

Who do you want? Who do you think it will be and when?

I'll vote for Steve Prohm (Iowa State, 1st year) around 2022.

I think Will Wade (VCU, 1st year) is more likely.

Most likely, TN will have to go with an even less known name.

Since we're talking about 5-10 years from now, how about somebody no one's even heard of yet? Sheez, sometimes I think we fall in love with coach-hiring about as much as we do recruiting.

Reactions: 5 people
Idek know what I'm going to eat for lunh today how do you expect me to hypothetically pick a coach in 5-10 years? Lol

Reactions: 1 person
I thinking more along the line of 3 years, but here's a long shot, the guy from Marquette. Can't pronounce his name though, Steve something. Lol

Peyton Manning. He can split time between Offensive Coordinator and Basketball Coach.

Keep in mind that Kentucky, Duke, and UNC will be hiring in the next few years... so running CRB off soon means getting in line behind those guys. Probably Michigan State too. Even LSU and Vandy are probably hiring soon too.

10 years? No way Barnes lasts that long.

I'm hoping Will Wade if he's not a bust at VCU.

10 years? No way Barnes lasts that long.

I'm hoping Will Wade if he's not a bust at VCU.

As a UT-Chattanooga grad, I was really upset to see Will Wade go, but I also understand the move. I think wade will have good success at VCU.

I'm also definitely not unhappy about our current coach in Chattanooga, either. :)

As a UT-Chattanooga grad, I was really upset to see Will Wade go, but I also understand the move. I think wade will have good success at VCU.

I'm also definitely not unhappy about our current coach in Chattanooga, either. :)

His success has been extremely good

What's his story?

I don't know anything about him at all

You forgot "Way too Early" in the Title.

As for my pick: Princeton U has a backup shooting guard who has told many that he wants to be a coach one day. I predict that he will fly up the charts. AD Fulmer will give the young upstart a shot after CRBs third Natty in a row.

You forgot "Way too Early" in the Title.

As for my pick: Princeton U has a backup shooting guard who has told many that he wants to be a coach one day. I predict that he will fly up the charts. AD Fulmer will give the young upstart a shot after CRBs third Natty in a row.

There's a bunch on here already trying to run the old man off. It's our duty to start the vetting process NOW and to keep Hart in the loop on what we've decided.

His success has been extremely good

What's his story?

I don't know anything about him at all

He was an assistant at Florida under Billy Donovan. Probably his top recruiter. Also, was an assistant at Florida Atlantic for two years where he got his reputation for being a great recruiter.

Reactions: 1 person
5-10 years out (according to OP's parameters) and you're trying to project the coaching landscape during that time?

And I thought The Petition was ill-conceived.

VN Store

Back