Barnes breaking UT Tradition against UK...

LittleCat

aka Bat
of not wearing an orange blazer.

“I appreciate tradition, but I don’t want this program to ever be about me,” Barnes told reporters. “I don’t want people coming to the game wondering if I’m going to wear an orange blazer, or a tie, or not a tie.”

I believe UK opened around a 5 point favorite fwiw.

Reactions: 1 person
That is NOT a tradition. Did DeVoe wear one? did O'Neill wear one? Jerry or Buzz?
Bruce wore it to HONOR Ray Mears. Wasn't a tradition.

Reactions: 18 people
That is NOT a tradition. Did DeVoe wear one? did O'Neill wear one? Jerry or Buzz?
Traditions can technically start at any time, amIright? Otherwise, how would it ever be a tradition in the first place?

We've had 3 coaches in a row carry on the tradition. I think him saying "if I wear an orange blazer it is about me" is making a statement "I don't care enough about Tennessee to continue the trend" or "I don't do what my peers want me to do".

Reactions: 2 people
Will it really matter what color he wears? A win against UK is going to take more than an orange jacket.

Reactions: 10 people

Let's start a tradition then! Made the A.D., when interviewing any new mens basketball coachs, promise to wear the orange tie when coaching against Ky. & Vandy.
Make it a prerequisit to getting the job.

Traditions can technically start at any time, amIright? Otherwise, how would it ever be a tradition in the first place?

We've had 3 coaches in a row carry on the tradition. I think him saying "if I wear an orange blazer it is about me" is making a statement "I don't care enough about Tennessee to continue the trend" or "I don't do what my peers want me to do".

Yeah it's kind of a kick in the gut. I get the feel it's the doesn't care enough.

Reactions: 1 person

You put quotations around words that the man never said. Think you outta correct that?

Yes to all except KO, who honored coach Mears by bringing him down to the sideline -even the bench a few games - after he'd been banished to the rafters by Dickey.

Plenty to criticize this coach about without including his clothes.
Who gives 2 s#### what he wears?

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back