Just want to get everyone's opinion on

CamVol8

Who do you think will transfer when the season is over? My picks are Ray Kasongo and Hubbs will go somehwere else for his senior season.

Reactions: 1 person
Who do you think will transfer when the season is over? My picks are Ray Kasongo and Hubbs will go somehwere else for his senior season.

Hubbs going Division II or NAIA? Is he in line to graduate in Spring to do the graduate transfer?

Reactions: 3 people
Hubbs should take the Duke Crews route and go from former 5 star top 50 recruit to Division II player

IMO, the only ones that need to move on are those who are out of eligibility or have a shot at a NBA roster. Transferring some out and rotating in other players every year has not helped that much, if at all. I know that is not what some want to happen, but I would rather have as many players as possible who are familiar with each other on the floor just to see what happens. Call it morbid curiosity.

We need everyone to stay IMO. Kasongo still has time to develop, and Hubbs could be "the guy" next year if he dedicates himself to practicing more.

Reactions: 3 people
We need everyone to stay IMO. Kasongo still has time to develop, and Hubbs could be "the guy" next year if he dedicates himself to practicing more.

My bet is they both move on

1.Bad Coaching (said it from day 1 Barnes is a horrible coach). Never liked his recruitment process

2. developing on the bench? Sounds like fun, dont you guys think that kills a player self esteem instead of increasing it. Why bother trying in practice facilities when you are certain you are not going to go to war. I have watched most games this season and most team if not all, go THROUGH their ENTIRE LINE-UP

you can keep the side chick or the side dude on the side-lines but if you dont give him/her play. that person is eventually going to move on assuming they have self-respect and aspiration like say...the NBA

Last edited:
My bet is they both move on

1.Bad Coaching (said it from day 1 Barnes is a horrible coach). Never liked his recruitment process

2. developing on the bench? Sounds like fun, dont you guys think that kills a player self esteem instead of increasing it. Why bother trying in practice facilities when you are certain you are not going to go to war. I have watched most games this season and most team if not all, go THROUGH their ENTIRE LINE-UP

you can keep the side chick or the side dude on the side-lines but if you dont give him/her play. that person is eventually going to move on assuming they have self-respect and aspiration like say...the NBA
Ray can't even make a college rotation why do you think he could make an NBA roster?

Reactions: 2 people
I know that sounds harsh but if you can't get minutes ahead of Reese than that's not on the coach that's on you. We expected a lot more out of Ray.

So Hubbs is steadily improving and he will leave and go D2? He went from 5ppg, to 7ppg, to 12ppg. He will continue to improve and put up 15 or 16 next year injury free. Compare his production to McRae and J Rich.

Reactions: 2 people
Hubbs would be stupid to go anywhere his senior year unless he doesn't want the pressure of being the guy. Kasongo may be a goner. He had his cup of coffee and might be ready to move on. Whatever.

Kasongo has that eyes in the headlights look every time he takes the floor. He has the athletic ability, but he just seems lost when he is on the court. Maybe this will change, but as mentioned earlier if he can't beat out Reese for minutes then he is destined to stay on the bench.
The switch has flipped for KA. He is the type of big man that CRB can build a run and gun team around. Next year with Turner, Bone, Parker, Mostella, Phillips, etc. I think we will be improved depth wise.

Hubbs should stay at UT but quit basketball and simply finish his degree. He has zero shot at playing ball professionally at any level. Sad but true.

Hubbs should stay at UT but quit basketball and simply finish his degree. He has zero shot at playing ball professionally at any level. Sad but true.
Zero shot? A bit harsh aren't we? YOU have zero shot at something like that, Hubbs still has a big opportunity to perfect his craft this summer. If he puts in Punter-type hours, I could see him doing big things.

I oddly feel this way with Shembarri Phillips as well. That guy has a high ceiling.

Stupid post. You realize he's 2nd in ppg on this years team? His stats have improved every year since he has been here and is on pace to average 15+ ppg next year. Not to mention he is a good rebounder and is 3rd on the team.

VN Store

Back