Kevin Punter's improvement from last year

Stoked

Kevin Punter Jr is a completely different player than he was last year. His shot is night and day better. How did his improved shot improve his numbers from last year?

2014-2015
31 minutes per game

10 points per game
2 rebounds per game
2 assist per game

42% field goal
69% free throw
35% 3 point fg

2015-2016
34 minutes per game

23 points per game
4 rebounds per game
4 assist per game

49% field goal
83% free throw
40% 3 point field fg

He has scored 458 points already this year and only scored 328 all together last year. He has scored 30+ 3 times this year. He is currently 8th in the nation in scoring and 2nd in the SEC.

He has been one of the best scorers for me to watch since McRae and Lofton. I hope Mostella and/or Hubbs can develop over the offseason the same way KP did, because he will be missed next year!

Congrats KP on your potential chance at being 1st team All-SEC this year!

Read where CRB helped change his mechanics when he arrived. Couple hard work to change that with a 2nd year at this level and viola. Pretty impressive IMO.

Coaching had some to do with it but Punter dedicated himself to putting in all that work in the offseason. Barnes was glad to help instead of being in the office half the time. I hope Hubbs is watching how Punter has transformed his game because honestly he has all the tools to be great but has to put in the time to perfect his craft. I'm sure Barnes will be in his ear about it all offseason, that is if he hasn't already.

The difference between Punter and Hubbs/Mostella is they have the bodies and athleticism to be in the NBA and Punter doesn't. If those two can follow the same path that KP went, they can make it to the NBA with the help from CRB.

The difference between Punter and Hubbs/Mostella is they have the bodies and athleticism to be in the NBA and Punter doesn't. If those two can follow the same path that KP went, they can make it to the NBA with the help from CRB.

I'm not sure they do. They both have athleticism in that they can jump, but Hubbs isn't really quick and I've not seen much beyond the jumping with Mostella. One thing the NBA values is working hard on your craft and Punter has that and then some.

I think Punter's ceiling is a nice Euro league - which is a wonderful consolation prize by the way - but I am confident he will work his behind off to go as far as he can.

I think the kids who don't naturally have the god-given size and athleticism are the kids who work harder. Doubtful the other two get to a point where they average 24 pts/game. Chris Lofton and Trae Golden are two other guys who didn't have the size or athleticism but had the heart and work ethic much like Punter.

I think the kids who don't naturally have the god-given size and athleticism are the kids who work harder. Doubtful the other two get to a point where they average 24 pts/game. Chris Lofton and Trae Golden are two other guys who didn't have the size or athleticism but had the heart and work ethic much like Punter.

And when you get gifted combined with work ethic, you have Bernard King.

VN Store

Back