Jordan McRae is an NBA basketball player.

31VFL

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania: Suns are planning to sign Delaware's Jordan McRae to a 10-day contract, league sources tell Yahoo. McRae scored D-League record 61 points.

^^^ writer for Yahoo Sports. He has 26.2K followers on Twitter for those wondering if legit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
Are 10 day contracts a normal thing? That doesn't sound long enough for any player/team to 100% know if it will or won't work out.

Are 10 day contracts a normal thing? That doesn't sound long enough for any player/team to 100% know if it will or won't work out.

Yeah it's common and several players over the years have turned it into something long term.... Hope iMac balls out

Reactions: 4 people

Yes! Remember the name C.J. Watson? That's how he got his NBA start. He got a 10-day contract from the Warriors. Then, that led to him signing a long term deal with them. He's now become a roaming NBA player though. Seems to change teams about every season. But, the 10 day contract did give him a solid chance & a contract for I believe 3 years for the Warriors. That was a few years ago but he's still in the NBA though.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes! Remember the name C.J. Watson? That's how he got his NBA start. He got a 10-day contract from the Warriors. Then, that led to him signing a long term deal with them. He's now become a roaming NBA player though. Seems to change teams about every season. But, the 10 day contract did give him a solid chance & a contract for I believe 3 years for the Warriors. That was a few years ago but he's still in the NBA though.

Idk about that, he's signed multi year contracts everywhere he's been. He was in Golden State for 3 years, Chicago for 2, Indiana for 2, only stop he was at for 1 year was Brooklyn. Nate Robinson has played for 8 teams in 5 years, Shaun Livingston has played for 9 teams in the past 6 years. THOSE GUYS are roamers. CJ is well-traveled but he's not a journeymen, IMO.

Reactions: 1 person

He'll have a chance to (maybe) play a few games, practice, and hopefully impress. Not sure if the Suns have room, but maybe they will pick him up for the rest of the season.

I want to say Jeremy Lin too. Linsanity took off.

Idk about that, he's signed multi year contracts everywhere he's been. He was in Golden State for 3 years, Chicago for 2, Indiana for 2, only stop he was at for 1 year was Brooklyn. Nate Robinson has played for 8 teams in 5 years, Shaun Livingston has played for 9 teams in the past 6 years. THOSE GUYS are roamers. CJ is well-traveled but he's not a journeymen, IMO.

I meant that now he has become a journeyman. Not in his past. You misunderstood my post. Thanks!

Ive always felt like JMac has NBA skill. His athletic ability is certainly league worthy and when he gets going, he can be a scoring machine. Consistency and defense have always been an issue though. We shall see. Im certainly rooting for him though :) Go JMac and Go Vols!

10 day contracts are normal when a player is injured and you need to keep the roster at 13 players. Should a player be injured for a while, they can sign a replacement player to several 10 day contracts. So, it is possible for him to be on the team the remainder of the season.

Danny Green is a good example as well. I definitely think Lin was the most electric player for a period of time in the entire league though.

I still don't understand that. He was the next best thing. There were Linsanity t-shirts everywhere. Now's he very average.

10 day contracts are normal when a player is injured and you need to keep the roster at 13 players. Should a player be injured for a while, they can sign a replacement player to several 10 day contracts. So, it is possible for him to be on the team the remainder of the season.

You can only sign two ten day contracts before they have to keep you the whole year.

Bledsoe is done for the year. Knight has a nagging groin injury that has kept him out for longer than expected. Devin Booker and Archie Goodwin have carried the load recently. They need help.

What's on this thread is one glaring fact.

The Sun's management obviously reads VolNation. Our scouts on here were killing it the other day when the 61 got announced. Easy to see what happened to me. ;)

The lesson is clear. Ignore VN at your own peril NBA GMs.

Thank God!!! He should've been in the league his rookie year instead of being forced to play overseas. 76ers are a joke of franchise. Hopefully the Suns offer enough to keep the 76ers from matching and holding on to him.

I still don't understand that. He was the next best thing. There were Linsanity t-shirts everywhere. Now's he very average.

Even players like Mo Williams, Tony Delk, etc etc have nights where they score in bunches. Lin managed to score about 25 a night for 9 games. After that he was under 20 the rest of the season. It was an extended hot streak where he played with no pressure on him. In LA and HOU he never really could do it again.

He's very average. But it's so impressive to even stay around considering how close he was to never playing meaningful time.

I misunderstand everything you post, pal. Do me a favor and head back to your couch to watch more Jim Rome, little guy.

I'm no little guy! 6'10" 275 lbs. Do you call that little? LOL! I don't need Jim Rome. He's a thing of the past! BTW, I don't use couches either. I need a bus to rest in at 6'10" tall. HA! Ha! Sorry I bursted your bubble buddy! :p

VN Store

Back