Meltdown U?

1985Vols

Can't believe what I just witnessed in watching the Vols have a total meltdown once again. How much are we paying Barnes? The crap we are putting on the floor is a complete embarrassment. I'm done until football season.. That game was embarrassing to the max!

Reactions: 6 people
I'm more upset that I wasted 2 hours and stayed up this late to see it happen! It would be one thing if we were all underclassmen, but at the end of that game we had 4 seniors on the court.

Can't believe what I just witnessed in watching the Vols have a total meltdown once again. How much are we paying Barnes? The crap we are putting on the floor is a complete embarrassment. I'm done until football season.. That game was embarrassing to the max!

But we're making the NIT!

Reactions: 1 person
OP there's no doubt in my mind you're the most bipolar Vol fan out there

Just a long time Vols basketball fan that has suffered through years of obscurity outside of when Bruce Pearl was coaching. And I go back as far as the Ernie and Bernie days. It's hard being a die hard Vols basketball fan and watching what I just witnessed tonight.

This has been a very embarrassing season for Tennessee basketball so far. When will this nightmare end?

Just a long time Vols basketball fan that has suffered through years of obscurity outside of when Bruce Pearl was coaching. And I go back as far as the Ernie and Bernie days. It's hard being a die hard Vols basketball fan and watching what I just witnessed tonight.

Jerry Green's years weren't bad; besides that he was kind of a dick.

It's quite simple. In close games and in games you take big leads, you need an inside presence who can play defense and rebound. We don't have that. You need a guy who can post up down low to get a key basket. We can't.

It's frustrating, but that's our team. The other frustrating thing is the boneheaded turnovers from Moore and missed paint shots by Hubbs. The passes in the zone are correct- just not executing.

Not sure why you are all that surprised. We need players- big and small. They are coming. The makeup of this team gets exactly what we are getting. Great wins and bad losses.

Reactions: 4 people
This has been a very embarrassing season for Tennessee basketball so far. When will this nightmare end?

How is it more so than last year and two under Martin? I defended those coaches at the time, but Barnes has less talent than either of those coaches. Martin lost to Austin Peay.

It's quite simple. In close games and in games you take big leads, you need an inside presence who can play defense and rebound. We don't have that. You need a guy who can post up down low to get a key basket. We can't.

It's frustrating, but that's our team. The other frustrating thing is the boneheaded turnovers from Moore and missed paint shots by Hubbs. The passes in the zone are correct- just not executing.

Also frustrating to have a 55-49 lead with 3 minutes to play and watch 3 UT players stand flat footed under the basket while Bama gets 4 offensive rebounds and we foul them. I knew at that point the game was over.

Not sure why you are all that surprised. We need players- big and small. They are coming. The makeup of this team gets exactly what we are getting. Great wins and bad losses.

What " big" men does Barnes have coming in that will be able to contribute next season? I don't know of any. Next season will be worse than this.

What " big" men does Barnes have coming in that will be able to contribute next season? I don't know of any. Next season will be worse than this.

Fulkerson is a PF, and I would think they may try to find another big. But Alexander and Kasongo will be sophomores. Those guys are just raw.

Reese is 6'7" and he is horrible. We will still not have what I consider a "rim protector" next year

I believe Fulkerson will have a much more offensive game than Reese. It may take a year. Jalen Johnson is 6'6" even though they lost him as a guard. Now you are the team creating mismatches with that height on the perimeter.

With Turner and Kwe Parker, I expect they will run and gun next year.

VN Store

Back