Jordan McRae breaks NBADL scoring record

Does he have a contract with a pro team? Or just completely with the DLeague? Wish he could have gotten some time with the 76ers.

Reactions: 1 person
What I want to know is why in the heck isn't McRae on the 76ers NBA team? The worst team in the NBA could use him. Makes no sense to me. McRae has performed solidly all season long in the NBA D-League.

Reactions: 3 people
What I want to know is why in the heck isn't McRae on the 76ers NBA team? The worst team in the NBA could use him. Makes no sense to me. McRae has performed solidly all season long in the NBA D-League.

They're trying to lose games. He might help them win a few

Reactions: 7 people
They're trying to lose games. He might help them win a few

Good one! I guess they want another lottery draft pick. I swear though this just baffles me. McRae is their property. He can score like crazy. It's certainly one of the stupidest things I've seen to keep him down in the D-League. What a bunch of losers! :eek:hmy:

Reactions: 2 people
He was waived by 76ers but he is playing on their NBDL team. Hopefully he gets a shot sometime soon. Definitely played well on both ends of the floor!

He was waived by 76ers but he is playing on their NBDL team. Hopefully he gets a shot sometime soon. Definitely played well on both ends of the floor!

Yes, but they own his rights now. They have first dibs at calling him up to the NBA. When they cut him just before the season, this was a non-guaranteed contract but they still can be the first ones to have a shot at calling him up to the NBA team. I think it's way way past time for that!

Reactions: 2 people
Good one! I guess they want another lottery draft pick. I swear though this just baffles me. McRae is their property. He can score like crazy. It's certainly one of the stupidest things I've seen to keep him down in the D-League. What a bunch of losers! :eek:hmy:

He sucked really bad in camp.....I hope he gets another chance....he really needs to focus on his other skills to be a pro.

Yes, but they own his rights now. They have first dibs at calling him up to the NBA. When they cut him just before the season, this was a non-guaranteed contract but they still can be the first ones to have a shot at calling him up to the NBA team. I think it's way way past time for that!

So wouldn't that mean that if another team was interested they could have him right?

So wouldn't that mean that if another team was interested they could have him right?

I don't think that's how it works. The 76ers signed him to a non-guaranteed contract. They have the rights to him. I'm not sure how another team could get the rights to call him up first unless there's some type of trade/deal before doing so. I'd have to look into this more. Maybe somebody else knows more about this though & can chime in.

Hopefully Jordy will get another chance in the NBA. This reminds me somewhat of another VFL that seemed to have the tangibles needed to be in the league, Wayne Chism. I still don't understand what NBA teams didn't like about him. He had good size/athletism, and good shot range. I thought he would have made it in the NBA, but that wasn't the case..

I don't think that's how it works. The 76ers signed him to a non-guaranteed contract. They have the rights to him. I'm not sure how another team could get the rights to call him up first unless there's some type of trade/deal before doing so. I'd have to look into this more. Maybe somebody else knows more about this though & can chime in.

76ers dropped him. Any team can sign him.

Ty Green from Bearden is his teammate.

Edit: Well the 76ers waived him but according to this article they still hold his rights. But that might only mean that they have the right to match another offer. I think Hyams just said that any team can sign him.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2015/9/10/9308507/jordan-mcrae-offered-non-guaranteed-contract-by-76ers

Last edited:
He sucked really bad in camp.....I hope he gets another chance....he really needs to focus on his other skills to be a pro.

Stat line above does show 7 assists. He really needs to keep that up. And play some shut down D and grab several rebounds. Scoring a boat load of points really doesn't mean that much if he's not doing other stuff too.

76ers dropped him. Any team can sign him.

Ty Green from Bearden is his teammate.

Edit: Well the 76ers waived him but according to this article they still hold his rights. But that might only mean that they have the right to match another offer. I think Hyams just said that any team can sign him.

Jordan McRae Offered Non-Guaranteed Contract By 76ers - Liberty Ballers

That's what I had thought. His rights were still with the 76ers but other teams can sign him if they overmatch the 76ers.

There's no way that at least some team couldn't use him. He's playing well on both ends of the floor in the D-League. Somebody will go after him if the 76ers pass on him. It's certainly like them to do it too.

Don't understand why they haven't already called him up. Yes, they have the 15 player max but he's playing too good to not be given the chance. They would have to cut somebody if they do bring him up. That player would probably have to be Elton Brand who they just signed recently.

I don't even know why they signed him. They already have enough big men & he's washed up anyhow. I bet they cut Brand & bring McRae up. That's if they decide to bring up McRae in the first place.

VN Store

Back