The Official Tennessee @ Alabama Game Thread, 9:00 pm ET, SEC Network

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 10-9 (3-4 SEC)

South-Carolina-Tennessee-Basketball-20.jpg

@

Alabama Crimson Tide: 10-8 (1-5 SEC)

-7a09073edf90829a.JPG

9:00 PM ET, January 26, 2016
Coleman Coliseum, Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Line: UT +4
O/U: 145

TV: SEC Network
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: 134, XM: 190
Online: WatchESPN

11639005.jpeg

Overall: UA leads, 77-67

In Knoxville: UT leads, 45-22

In Tuscaloosa: UA leads, 43-18

Neutral Sites: UA leads, 12-4

Current Streak: Alabama has won one

Last Meeting: Alabama won, 56-38, in Knoxville, 1/10/15

Barnes vs. Alabama: 0-1

Barnes vs. Johnson: No meetings

Reactions: 1 person
At 23.3 ppg, Kevin Punter Jr. is the nation’s seventh-leading scorer. He is averaging 25.3 ppg in SEC play this season.

The Vols rank 35th nationally in free-throw percentage (.739). In SEC play, that percentage increases to a league-best .815.

Tennessee true freshman Detrick Mostella is a native of Decatur, Ala., which is a two- hour drive north of Tuscaloosa

Give the Vols back-to-back SEC road wins.

Give Rick Barnes wins over each of his three fellow first- year SEC head coaches (he has already logged wins over Mike White and Ben Howland).

Give Rick Barnes a 5-5 head coaching record against schools at which he has once worked (he’s 0-1 vs. Alabama, 0-1 vs. Ohio State, 2-0 vs. Providence, 0-1 vs. Clemson, 2-2 vs. UT).

This one should go down to the wire. If we can get everybody contributing like the last game that is. We need Mostella to be hot. I'm sure he would want to burn his homestate of BAMA. I'm going to predict a close one but I think we fall just a little short on the road. BAMA 72-71.

If this game was at home I'd pick the Vols but can't do here playing away. Punter will put up his 23+ points probably but I don't see more than 1 or 2 other players scoring in double figures so it won't be quite enough.

This one should go down to the wire. I'm going to predict a close one but I think we fall just a little short on the road.

Punter will put up his 23+ points probably.

I agree on us falling short. Tuscaloosa historically has been the little house of horrors for us. As for Punter I think he will be smothered and covered. Bama has the athletes to force someone else to try and beat them.

Bama 70-65. Two evenly matched teams. Got to give the edge to the home team

GBO!!! Big opportunity for a conference road win, play 40 minutes with the effort and focus we had against South Carolina and we can win this one.

At 23.3 ppg, Kevin Punter Jr. is the nation’s seventh-leading scorer. He is averaging 25.3 ppg in SEC play this season.

The Vols rank 35th nationally in free-throw percentage (.739). In SEC play, that percentage increases to a league-best .815.

Tennessee true freshman Detrick Mostella is a native of Decatur, Ala., which is a two- hour drive north of Tuscaloosa

What? Is Mostella really a true freshman????

If the inside guys can give us some points tonight besides KP and Mostella and Hubbs and the Vols limit turnovers, UT will have a good chance to win.

Tuscaloosa is always a tough place to win no matter what sport Alabama and UT are competing in.

It seems like we never play good at their place. This is one of those games where I will have to see it to believe it.

VN Store

Back