Bruno Fernando 6ft 10in 225lbs 2016

Want...and Rick while your down there recruiting Bruno at the Montverde Academy pick up Silvio De Sousa for 2018 too. Lol

Reactions: 2 people
Really don't think this year's team performance is going to much of a draw for the BIG guys.
The Loyola Marmount idea was a nice thought , but we don't have the depth to pull it off. down to 9 players now.
Zero experience beyond a starting 4 srs.
Going to get worse before it gets better.

Barnes needs to pull out all the stops to land this kid. This team needs height really bad.
Ive seen men's rec league teams with taller frontcourts than this years BaskVols.

I remember the 7 footer what Buzz recruited, from Nashville. Once he arrived on campus, Pearl sent him packing. Guess Pearl thought he was weak or Pearl wanted to run the basketball and this guy couldn't keep up. By the time our team rebounded the ball and ran the court and scored, he would just be making it past half court.

Barnes needs to pull out all the stops to land this kid. This team needs height really bad.
Ive seen men's rec league teams with taller frontcourts than this years BaskVols.

Pull out all of the stops. Offer him Cam Newton type of money to his father's church, which he is a pastor at.

Reactions: 1 person
As much as I love Fernando, depending on your position with other guys I'm not sure you take him. By adding him you're back down to 1 spot for 2017, I would ideally like to see a difference making graduate transfer big end up here as that still leaves us the open spot for 2017, but helps us next year. If that's not available, I would look for a transfer big that would have to sit out a year, would need to be a difference maker, but those guys are usually available each off season. It wouldn't do much for next years team, but it would allow year 3 to be the expected year where you see a big jump in success.

As much as I love Fernando, depending on your position with other guys I'm not sure you take him. By adding him you're back down to 1 spot for 2017, I would ideally like to see a difference making graduate transfer big end up here as that still leaves us the open spot for 2017, but helps us next year. If that's not available, I would look for a transfer big that would have to sit out a year, would need to be a difference maker, but those guys are usually available each off season. It wouldn't do much for next years team, but it would allow year 3 to be the expected year where you see a big jump in success.

I'm sure there will be some more attrition. I don't think you can pass up on Bruno. I'd rather him than RK.

Reactions: 1 person

I understand taking a graduate transfer to save 2017 scholly for a big fish. I agree taking Fernando will depend on where we stand with other big men.

I remember the 7 footer what Buzz recruited, from Nashville. Once he arrived on campus, Pearl sent him packing. Guess Pearl thought he was weak or Pearl wanted to run the basketball and this guy couldn't keep up. By the time our team rebounded the ball and ran the court and scored, he would just be making it past half court.

Boomer Herndon was awful. He had god given NBA frame. But Junior College ability.

I'm sure there will be some more attrition. I don't think you can pass up on Bruno. I'd rather him than RK.

Definitely a valid point at the moment, I'm curious to see how Kasongo and Alexander respond to the increased minutes, maybe it helps progress those guys.

VN Store

Back