SEC Scores & News

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
#1 UK struggles but gets past Illinois State 75-63

Charleston routs LSU 70-58

USC over Western Carolina 76-53

Ben Simmons joins UCLA's Tony Parker as the only Division I players with two 15-15 games this season. Tonight he had 15pts,18 boards in the loss.

Only excuse for UK is Ulis was gone. But still an ugly game either way. LSU sucks though. Jones needs to step up.

What's up with LSU? Oh yeah, their coach is a joke.

No doubt. He will always bring in recruits because they know they can come in and play however they want without being held accountable. They will get to the league but never accomplish anything under Jones.

I'm waybehind in the Duke/Indiana game but both games tonight had a player pull one out his ars to finish the half.

I enjoy you being here

I hope you have a lot more nightmares

Haha.

But really, I'm not shocked. We got overrated to begin the season, beat an overrated Duke team, and really haven't been in good form this season. UCLA isn't a very good team at all, but we just didn't seem ready to play. Gonna be an interesting stretch as we end OOC and start SEC play.

Haha.

But really, I'm not shocked. We got overrated to begin the season, beat an overrated Duke team, and really haven't been in good form this season. UCLA isn't a very good team at all, but we just didn't seem ready to play. Gonna be an interesting stretch as we end OOC and start SEC play.
Wouldn't call duke overrated, I'd say more "out of form." I they're just now getting their identity. They'll be a tough out Come March imo. I'm having a hard time picking out my national title team though. For the past few years I've picked it before the season started (I picked duke last year :) ) but this year it's tough. Right now, if I had to pick a final four, I'd say uofl,uk,mich st, and a toss up between Kansas or vandy. I want to say vandy, but stallings always figures out how to lose with talent.

Wouldn't call duke overrated, I'd say more "out of form." I they're just now getting their identity. They'll be a tough out Come March imo. I'm having a hard time picking out my national title team though. For the past few years I've picked it before the season started (I picked duke last year :) ) but this year it's tough. Right now, if I had to pick a final four, I'd say uofl,uk,mich st, and a toss up between Kansas or vandy. I want to say vandy, but stallings always figures out how to lose with talent.

Duke hasn't played like a top 5 team. UK hasn't either. Duke still has a lot to figure out similar to UK with it's young players.

I honestly don't care too much about the regular season anymore. UK plays a tough schedule OOC and with so many freshman starting I'm not as worried as losses this season. Last years team, for all the crap given some of those players, had a lot of special talent. Skal is so weak right now. Lee was hurt. Ulis had been hurt. Poythress isn't the same. It's been on Briscoe/Murray to carry this team and that shouldn't be the case right now.

Georgia loses to K State, Arkansas loses to WF, Bama beats Southern Miss by 3 and Missouri beats NIU by 7.

Quick look at the RPIs and

USCe is 7-0 and at 15.

Didn't realize that at all.

The conference rpi is sitting at 7th after being 6th last year

Have to start winning some game OOC against bigger schools or the sec is going to lose more ground

As of 12/5/15 this is the standing for RPI. In parentheses is overall rank in the country.

1. UF (15)
2. USCjr (16)
3. UK (31)
4. Texas A&M (56)
5. Vandy (70)
6. UGA (73)
7. Bama (92)
8. Mizzou (147)
9. UT (155)
10. Auburn (167)
11. Ole Miss (208)
12. MSU (232)
13. Arky (237)
14. LSU (239) - Lol

Interesting notes
•USCjr is the only undefeated SEC team left.
•11/14 SEC teams have a SOS worse than 100 in the country.
•The SEC is 3-7 against Top 25 teams. 1 win each by UK, USCjr, and TexA&M
•Overall in Top 100 games the SEC is only 12-20.
•Simmons (LSU) is leading the nation in rebounding, and would only the 4th freshman to ever do so; following Michael Beasley, Paul Millsap, and Kenny Miller.
•Simmons would be the first since 2011 to be in the top 5 of scoring/rebounding in the SEC since Moultrie of MSU.
•Simmons is a beast.

VN Store

Back