LeMonte Turner could play this season

1985Vols

If he wins his appeal to gain eligibility to play this year. This would be huge for this team and could mean 3 to 4 more wins this season with a possibility of becoming an NCAA tourney team..

Reactions: 5 people
I'd fall off my chair backwards and break my neck if he was cleared. Don't see the NCAA giving us any kind of a break.

If he wins his appeal to gain eligibility to play this year. This would be huge for this team and could mean 3 to 4 more wins this season with a possibility of becoming an NCAA tourney team..

What is the source of your optimism? I thought he had been denied.

He was initially denied but TN is appealing the NCAA. This has been reported on several Knoxville media outlets today.

I'd fall off my chair backwards and break my neck if he was cleared. Don't see the NCAA giving us any kind of a break.

100% agree. No way for them to save face if they clear him now. Either they scewed up and he should have been cleared all along or its favoritism toward Barnes. I'd love it if they reversed their decision, but that just don't sound like the AA we know.

Tacko Fall threatened to sue the ncaa and was cleared about 2 days later.
Maybe Turner should try a similar tactic.

If the NCAA made Skal eligible, then Turner needs to be eligible as well. This was complete BS to begin with.

Reactions: 2 people
I get the impression that stud athletes at IMG aren't required to do much academically. I wonder what the class was. Surely it wasn't a core class. Probably some stupid elective that has no bearing on Turner's academic development. jmo

I get the impression that stud athletes at IMG aren't required to do much academically. I wonder what the class was. Surely it wasn't a core class. Probably some stupid elective that has no bearing on Turner's academic development. jmo

If the poster is correct and this is about a class it Had to be a core class

The NCAA doesn't even consider any other classes.

I still don't know if it is a class. I think it might be more of a gpa thing since he is allowed to be on campus on scholarship.

If the poster is correct and this is about a class it Had to be a core class

The NCAA doesn't even consider any other classes.

I still don't know if it is a class. I think it might be more of a gpa thing since he is allowed to be on campus on scholarship.

If they cleared Eric Bledsoe, Turner should be cleared too.

I have mentioned this before but here is my guess what has happened here

Turner entered HS with the class that the NCAA changed the raised sliding scale with and the rule read for his class entering high school.

Since he reclassified with the 15 class he likely thought he was dealing with the old easier sliding scale.

The new scale is begins at 2.3 instead of a 2.0 which is a significant difference and if a kid qualifies under the old easier scale they can be on academic scholarship but redshirt. That's the only way I can see how he is still on campus.

My guess is he retook a class this fall or is trying to get another class certified as a core class he took to raise his gpa.

Just a shot in the dark but I have hit a guess or two before

I do not keep up with BBALL recruiting as much as football. If Turner gets cleared what kind of impact would he be expected to make? And is he a true PG?

VN Store

Back