Punter's shot before and after

Stoked

Here's a side by side picture of Punter's shooting stroke last year compared to now. I didn't realize last year that his stroke looked that awkward. This gives me a lot of confidence that Barnes can develop players.

image.jpg

Reactions: 11 people
I really like how we have a coach who actually develops shots of players. Fundamental shooting seems to be lacking in today's game, so it's nice to see our coach care about the little things.

Reactions: 3 people
It's obvious just after 5 games that Barnes can coach. The improvement of Moore, Punter and Hubbs is amazing to me. If this team had a true PG and a big man they would be tough to beat. Coaching can make all the difference in the world

Reactions: 4 people
It's obvious just after 5 games that Barnes can coach. The improvement of Moore, Punter and Hubbs is amazing to me. If this team had a true PG and a big man they would be tough to beat. Coaching can make all the difference in the world

Yes it can. If Turner gets eligible with this 2nd appeal then things can change drastically.

The coaching is definitely improved. We are averaging 20 more ppg so far this year over last year. Minus J Rich. I wish we could have had Barnes last year.

Good coaching can really help. You see the results.

Television commentators showed this & discussed last night. Apparently K. Punter worked many hours on this change in his shot. Great dedication by Kevin & teaching by Rick Barnes & his staff. Amazed how the Vols turned it around last night after a slow start. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
We need a side-by-side pic of Jabari's shooting form too. Even more drastic than Punter's.

It's good to have a coach who really coaches! Looks like my shot back in the day!!! Ha (I didn't say which one!)

Can CRB fix fouls? If so my boy needs a quick fix!

Yeah it's called the bench...lol jk the game will slow down for Jabari and he'll learn to stay out of foul trouble. I hope it's soon though because I love the spark he brings off the bench! We need him out there as much as possible, Kasongo and Alexander aren't bringing us much down low atm.

Yeah it's called the bench...lol jk the game will slow down for Jabari and he'll learn to stay out of foul trouble. I hope it's soon though because I love the spark he brings off the bench! We need him out there as much as possible, Kasongo and Alexander aren't bringing us much down low atm.

Yeah well the bench ain't helping much cause he's getting plenty of that. Lol

I'm praying things gets better for him.

As good a job as Barnes did on Punters shot he did even a better job by moving Reese down low and telling him "your job is to rebound, not shoot the ball". I'm sure its not lost on Barnes that McGee needs help on not fouling. Look for improvement there as well.

The coaching is definitely improved. We are averaging 20 more ppg so far this year over last year. Minus J Rich. I wish we could have had Barnes last year.

Makes me wonder how many games we lost just trying to learn how to play Tyndal's crazy zone defense. Don't get me wrong, IMHO Tyndal is good floor coach and tactician, but we sure seemed to have trouble playing that zone last season.

Barnes has us playing man to man over 95% of the time. Last year it was about 90% zone and boy did we give up the 3's, especially around the baseline from the corners.

Yeah well the bench ain't helping much cause he's getting plenty of that. Lol

I'm praying things gets better for him.

Yeah I was hoping that he'd get some more minutes, but he is averaging the 7th most minutes on the team, so I'm guessing that makes him the 2nd man off the bench. He is averaging the most out of all of our freshman. On a side note, looking at his stats I see he has been working on his FT's. He's only shot 6, but he hit 5 out of those 6, shooting 83% which is the 2nd best on the team.

VN Store

Back