The Official Tennessee vs. Army West Point Game Thread, 7:00 pm ET, SEC Network

YankeeVol

Veni Vidi Vici
Tennessee Volunteers: 3-1 (0-0 SEC)

Baulkman-1.jpg

vs.

Army West Point Black Knights: 3-1 (0-0 Patriot)

8372397.jpg

7:00 PM ET, November 24, 2015
Thompson-Boling Arena (21,678), Knoxville, Tennessee

Line: UT -9.5
O/U: 157

TV: SEC Network
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: 81, XM: 81
Online: WatchESPN

Overall: Tennessee leads, 4-0

In Knoxville: UT leads, 2-0

In West Point: No meetings

Neutral Sites: UT leads, 2-0

Current Streak: Tennessee has won four straight

Last Meeting: Tennessee won, 75-52 in Knoxville, 12/28/87

Barnes vs. Army: No meetings

Barnes vs. Spiker: No meetings

This is one Tennessee’s second on-campus game as part of the Barclays Center Classic.

Former UT coach Don DeVoe was an assistant under Bob Knight at Army from 1965-71. DeVoe, who later coached at Navy, will attend Tuesday’s game.

Military Appreciation Night:
Current military members and veterans, along with their im- mediate families, receive free admission to tonight’s game.

Reactions: 2 people
Make the Vols 4-0 at home this season.

Extend Tennessee’s November home win streak to 58 games. The streak began in 1996.

Improve UT’s all-time record against current members of the Patriot League to 13-3.

Give Tennessee its first three- game win streak since January of last season, when the Vols beat Arkansas, Missouri and South Carolina consecutively.

Reactions: 1 person
Being a Vol from Memphis I always like to see Tiger High struggle more than my Vols on the hardwood. Memphis lost to UT-Arlington last night. A team that has already upset Ohio St. this year. Still, its fun to see the Memphis program floundering, especially since the fifth Jonas Brother is scared and refuses to play my Vols. Hilarious.

Army is going to be very dangerous. They can shoot the ball very well. They are a very good 3 point shooting team. I think 2 guys average 16 and 8. 6'10 center and a 6'8 forward. I will not be shocked with a loss tonight.

Good barometer game, a game we should win, but not an easy game by any stretch of the imagination. Would like to see the kind of effort and focus we've seen the last 10 minutes of games for the first 35 minutes tonight, would be a great sign.

Good barometer game, a game we should win, but not an easy game by any stretch of the imagination. Would like to see the kind of effort and focus we've seen the last 10 minutes of games for the first 35 minutes tonight, would be a great sign.

Why just 35min?

We may need all 40 tonight

Typical bruin, nowhere did I say that.

Let's don't turn this into that

You said you hoped for playing with focus and effort for the first 35 minutes.

If this team isn't capable of playing with Focus and effort for 40minutes we are in trouble but if we are allowing for 5 bad minutes then it doesn't need to be the last 5. Seems pretty obvious to me

Let's don't turn this into that

You said you hoped for playing with focus and effort for the first 35 minutes.

If this team isn't capable of playing with Focus and effort for 40minutes we are in trouble but if we are allowing for 5 bad minutes then it doesn't need to be the last 5. Seems pretty obvious to me

Rarely does a team play a perfect 40 minutes of basketball, if you think otherwise then there should be no future discussions about the game of basketball involving you.

Rarely does a team play a perfect 40 minutes of basketball, if you think otherwise then there should be no future discussions about the game of basketball involving you.

I agree it's very hard.

But why say the last 5min?

That's the most important part in a game like tonight where we think it's going to be close

I agree it's very hard.

But why say the last 5min?

That's the most important part in a game like tonight where we think it's going to be close

I don't think it'll be close if we play how we are capable of playing for the first 35 minutes, that's my point. Is army better than Marshall, absolutely, but if we play our best for 35 minutes that game is over with 5 minutes remaining and you can get some other guys some run.

I don't think it'll be close if we play how we are capable of playing for the first 35 minutes, that's my point. Is army better than Marshall, absolutely, but if we play our best for 35 minutes that game is over with 5 minutes remaining and you can get some other guys some run.

Fair enough

I dang sure would welcome seeing Phillips And the other young ones in the game the last 5minutes

Sounds like Army's 2 bigs are gonna be a load around the rim. This may be our front courts toughest challenge to this point. Bring your A game gentleman.

I'm loving the scoring consistency of Punter, Moore and Hubbs so far. Now we gotta hope Hubbs stays healthy and doesn't have to delay his progress again. Cause he's finally figuring out his position on the court. Imo Of course even without the injury's, 3 coaches and 3 different systems in 3 yrs can delay a lot of guys progress.

GBO
Vols 81
Army 73

Sounds like Army's 2 bigs are gonna be a load around the rim. This may be our front courts toughest challenge to this point. Bring your A game gentleman.

I'm loving the scoring consistency of Punter, Moore and Hubbs so far. Now we gotta hope Hubbs stays healthy and doesn't have to delay his progress again. Cause he's finally figuring out his position on the court. Imo Of course even without the injury's, 3 coaches and 3 different systems in 3 yrs can delay a lot of guys progress.

GBO
Vols 81
Army 73

Their big guy is 6'10" 200lbs, so skinnier than Alexander at least by listed weight, Reese should be able to body him.

Can't wait for this game. We are bringing a lot of ROTC cadets to the game tonight and some of us will be swearing in at halftime! Should be a great game.

Wow you two couldn't even make it past the 1st page of this thread before you started arguing. New record? And to top it off it's about what we'll win by if we hustle for 35 or for the full 40 minutes...lol I couldn't even make this stuff up.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back