The Official Tennessee vs. Gardner-Webb Game Thread, 12:00 pm ET, SEC Network +

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 2-1 (0-0 SEC)

Tennessee%20Georgia%20Tec_Wood%20_OP_7_CP__1447754120350_26947375_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

vs.

Gardner-Webb Runnin' Bulldogs : 1-2 (0-0 Big South)

IMG_5663-S.jpg

12:01 PM ET, November 22, 2015
Thompson-Boling Arena (21,678), Knoxville, Tennessee

Line: UT -13.5
O/U: 151

TV: SEC Network +
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: 84, XM: 84
Online: WatchESPN

Overall: Tennessee leads, 1-0

In Knoxville: UT leads, 1-0

In Boiling Springs: No meetings

Neutral Sites: No meetings

Current Streak: Tennessee has won one

Last Meeting: Tennessee won, 71-69 in Knoxville, 11/22/02

Barnes vs. Gardner-Webb: 1-0

Barnes vs. Craft: No meetings

Reactions: 1 person
This is one of Tennessee’s two on-campus games as part of the Barclays Center Classic.

Vols senior Kevin Punter Jr. and Bulldogs senior Harold McBride grew up together in the Bronx and are very close friends.

Kevin Punter Jr. is tied for fifth in the SEC in scoring (19.7 ppg), and his 31 points in UT’s opener are the most in a game by any SEC player this season.

Make the Vols 3-0 at home this season.

Extend Tennessee’s November home win streak to 57 games. The streak began in 1996.

Improve UT’s all-time record vs. current members of Big South Conference to 20-0.

Give Rick Barnes an 18-0 career coaching record against current members of the Big South Conference.

Reactions: 2 people
We need everybody to step it up a notch today. That includes my boy. We should be able to get something from the new guys. Go get'em Vols!

Lost by 17 at Iowa

Lost by 36 at Vandy

Beat Tacomma Falls

No excuse for this game to be anywhere close after the 10min mark of the 1st half.

I suspect Thursday night has the guys on alert from the start today.

Vols 89
GW 69

Gardner Webb is averaging 82ppg, giving up 84ppg, and shoots 37% from 3. They are not a big team at all, they look pretty similar to us measurement and style wise, should be a fun game. Type of game that if GW gets hot could hang around, but hopefully the Vols don't dig themselves a hole like last game, a wire to wire 83-68 win would make a lot of people feel better. Also, with 4 games in the next 6 days, if we can avoid having to play our starters huge minutes that would be a bonus. Would LOVE to see Mostella and Baulkman get on track a bit.

Gardner Webb scored 125 vs Tacoma Falls which slants that 82pt per game average very much so.

They scored 59 and 62 in games vs Vandy and iowa. I wouldn't expect them to score more than 70

Last edited:
Gardner Webb scored 125 vs Tacoma Falls which slants that 82pt per game average very much so.

They scored 59 and 62 in games vs Vandy and iowa. I wouldn't expect them to score more than 70

They were really reaching for opponents to schedule Toccoa Falls College(In Toccoa Georgia across the lake from Clemson)

Fewest people I've ever seen in the TBA two minutes before the NA/introductions/tip off. Maybe 20 students not counting the band.

Very low turn out. If I still lived in state I would be there. Makes me sad.

Since we changed to the black seats it isn't nearly as embarrassing seeing poor crowds on the tube.

Can't really tell how many empty seats there are

Students are on break I believe, might have something to do with it.

Not till Wednesday but a lot of students will take monday/tuesday classes off and get all their homework done during the weekend (like this one).

VN Store

Back