How good is material this year historically ?

buriat

I was watching the game Thursday and trying to think how this group stacks up compared to past teams? I am not talking about how good players might become but what we can put on the floor this year?

All of BP's teams had better rosters. Some of Oneil's and Houston's were worst. Does this roster have more talent than some of the Buzz or Cuonzo teams. Off the top of my head , I am not sure they do even though we have some good players. I didn't want to look every roster.

Anybody have any strong opionions? I

Have we ever had a roster where only 1 player with substantial minutes is playing the position he was recruited to play?

Last edited:
This roster is returning a team full of players with a heck of a lot of experience. A lot of minutes under this teams belt.

Reactions: 2 people
This roster is returning a team full of players with a heck of a lot of experience. A lot of minutes under this teams belt.

I count 5 guys w/ quality D1 experience.(Punter, Moore, Hubbs, Reese and Baulkman) just curious, who else are you counting?

I count 5 guys w/ quality D1 experience.(Punter, Moore, Hubbs, Reese and Baulkman) just curious, who else are you counting?

And that's that starting 5

4 seniors
1 junior

Plenty of experience

If anyone wants to cry the blues this year just wait until next year

And that's that starting 5

4 seniors
1 junior

Plenty of experience

If anyone wants to cry the blues this year just wait until next year

Next season you'll be young.
This team could make some noise if they come together and play like they're being taught.
If they remain a bunch of individuals it's the worst collection I've seen in 45 years.
(speaking your core 5)

Next season you'll be young.
This team could make some noise if they come together and play like they're being taught.
If they remain a bunch of individuals it's the worst collection I've seen in 45 years.
(speaking your core 5)

45 years?

Man oh man I remember wade houston and that first Kevin oneil team

45 years?

Man oh man I remember wade houston and that first Kevin oneil team

Even in those teams you had guys playing positions they were recruited to play.
We have an SG playing point that may or may not decide to actually play the position.
We 've got a wing playing center. Another playing PF.
One guy that might make the NBA but he's hurt or sick most of the time.
This group's only hope is finding some magical chemistry.

Reactions: 1 person
Even in those teams you had guys playing positions they were recruited to play.
We have an SG playing point that may or may not decide to actually play the position.
We 've got a wing playing center. Another playing PF.
One guy that might make the NBA but he's hurt or sick most of the time.
This group's only hope is finding some magical chemistry.
This roster is light years ahead of those 2 teams I mentioned

This team isn't light years ahead of any one. You were singing a different tune 16 down last game.

Down by 16 had nothing to do with talent

Speaking of singing a different tune, at one time you predicted 21 wins?

Surely you weren't expecting those new comers to be that good.

Kevin's oneil won how many games his first year?

Wade houston his last?

Down by 16 had nothing to do with talent

Speaking of singing a different tune, at one time you predicted 21 wins?

Surely you weren't expecting those new comers to be that good.

Kevin's oneil won how many games his first year?

Wade houston his last?
20 before I saw the product.
I was expecting a PG and a competitive front court before the season started.
We have neither.
Right now I think we're looking at 7 wins OOC and another 7 conference.
Hope they prove me wrong.

20 before I saw the product.
I was expecting a PG and a competitive front court before the season started.
We have neither.
Right now I think we're looking at 7 wins OOC and another 7 conference.
Hope they prove me wrong.

Who were you expecting to play PG?

16 for me

Turner was ruled ineligble way before you predicted 21 wins

I was talking about wade Houston's last year

Will look up oneils teams

I was thinking about Barnes being willing to trade this roster for a roster from the past. Would he make that trade for Buzz's or Cunzo's teams? I guess it would depend to some degree how important he thinks it is to have a true point guard and an inside game compared to having several smaller guys who have some athleticism and some ability to score. I would put Moore, Punter, Baukman, Hubbs,and Mostella in the later class although Punter is really not that athletic.

Wade houston 5-22 his last year

Kevin oneil
11-16
14-15( lost first game NIT)
11-16

This team is light years ahead of those teams

We have to remember Barnes said this team is more talented than teams he has taken to the tourney

Turner was ruled ineligble way before you predicted 21 wins

I was talking about wade Houston's last year

Will look up oneils teams

Maybe my recollection factions are off.
Could be senility.Maybe I was believing the hype about Punter playing the position.
Maybe wishful thinking. Reality is a biatch though.

Wade houston 5-22 his last year

Kevin oneil
11-16
14-15( lost first game NIT)
11-16

This team is light years ahead of those teams

We have to remember Barnes said this team is more talented than teams he has taken to the tourney
I remember him saying that.
that puzzled look on his face (like what the hey are they doin) during games makes me wonder if he's rethinking that.

Talent wise, worst roster I've seen in 10 years.

Maybe they will prove me wrong. We'll see.

That is exactly what I said in my Marshall postgame report. Strictly in terms of talent, this team ispretty bare based on what we have seen them do to this point. Probably the least individual talent since Buzz's first couple teams.

I was thinking about Barnes being willing to trade this roster for a roster from the past. Would he make that trade for Buzz's or Cunzo's teams? I guess it would depend to some degree how important he thinks it is to have a true point guard and an inside game compared to having several smaller guys who have some athleticism and some ability to score. I would put Moore, Punter, Baukman, Hubbs,and Mostella in the later class although Punter is really not that athletic.

Barnes would never publicly admit it now, and he would certainly benefit from hindsight in this hypothetical, but I guarantee you he'd trade this current team for Buzz's last team (2004-05) that included CJ Watson (JR), Scooter McFadgon (SR), Chris Lofton (FR), Brandon Crump (SR), JaJuan Smith (FR), Jamere Hendrix (JR), Andre Patterson (JR), Major Wingate (SO).

That is exactly what I said in my Marshall postgame report. Strictly in terms of talent, this team ispretty bare based on what we have seen them do to this point. Probably the least individual talent since Buzz's first couple teams.

I think the key to this is Robert hubbs.

What kind of player is he really?

So far it looks like he might be living up to his rating.

VN Store

Back