Good SI article on Rick Barnes

Fingers

Tennessee probably isn’t primed for an immediate turnaround. The media picked UT to finish 12th in the SEC in October after the Vols finished 16-16 last season, including 7-11 in conference play. They lost All-SEC guard Josh Richardson, who now plays for the NBA’s Miami Heat. This season Barnes has expected more from Moore and senior guard Kevin Punter, who both averaged 10.3 points per game last year, tops among returning players. That duo has combined to average 36.0 points per game during the Vols’ 2-1 start under Barnes.

The Vols don’t resemble a tournament team just yet. But the coach has taken to his new group, a collection of players who have been through more uncertainty than most student-athletes around the country. “They haven’t been afraid to work and compete,” Barnes says. “I’m the third coach in three years for some of these guys, and I don’t think people realize how hard that is for young people to deal with. You’ve got to earn trust both ways.”

Inside Rick Barnes?s attempts to rev up the Tennessee Volunteers - College Basketball - SI.com

Reactions: 6 people
Why don't people ever post on "article" threads? IMO these give a much better perspective, usually, than most discussion threads.

Good read, thanks for sharing.

Why don't people ever post on "article" threads? IMO these give a much better perspective, usually, than most discussion threads.

Good read, thanks for sharing.

Let's argue and get this one going. I'll start first. Yo ugly.

Reactions: 2 people
Great article, Thanks for posting.

BTW: Ik and Stoked fighting is about as exciting as watching " two mules fighting over a turnip." :)

L. Grizzard.

VN Store

Back