Hubbs may need surgery

Fingers

According to Rick Barnes, Robert Hubbs may need knee surgery if issues don't clear up by the end of the month. Apparently he's had to miss practice time.

Losing Hubbs would really hurt.
At the same time our offense hasn't really kicked in yet.
The guys are being taught properly (from listening to the entire presser) , it's just not clicking on the court yet.

According to Rick Barnes, Robert Hubbs may need knee surgery if issues don't clear up by the end of the month. Apparently he's had to miss practice time.

Is the end of the month a deadline because that's what will make him still eligible for a medical redshirt? He's really starting to break out too which sucks!

Fwiw VQ talked like it would be a scope if there is indeed a surgery, I'm sure it varies, but don't scopes generally come with a relatively quick recovery? Meaning if Hubbs had the surgery he likely would be back fairly quickly?

Reactions: 1 person
Is the end of the month a deadline because that's what will make him still eligible for a medical redshirt? He's really starting to break out too which sucks!
Correct. Waited too long and played too many games to get one season 1.

Fwiw VQ talked like it would be a scope if there is indeed a surgery, I'm sure it varies, but don't scopes generally come with a relatively quick recovery? Meaning if Hubbs had the surgery he likely would be back fairly quickly?

Yes could only miss a few weeks if minor

Needs to do it ASAP if it's needed

He can take a medical redshirt whenever, as long as he doesn't participate in more than 30% of our games.

Typical for our program. Just can't catch a break in any sport it seems. What's next....Dobbs slips in the shower before the mizzou game? Hurd gets food poisoning? Armani falls out of bed and separates his shoulder? Haven't we suffered enough?

@GrantRamey: The December 1 window Barnes' mentioned for addressing Hubbs injuries is Nov. 29-Dec. 11. No games between Brooklyn and Butler.
My brain is slow today. So no Hubbs for the next 3 cupcakes? Hopefully Shembarri or Mostella can step up.

My brain is slow today. So no Hubbs for the next 3 cupcakes? Hopefully Shembarri or Mostella can step up.

No, Hubbs right now is still gonna play. They are looking at possibly doing a scope on his knee if he doesn't improve by our trip to Brooklyn. He would likely only need a few weeks recovery and Tennessee is off 2 weeks after the Brooklyn trip until they play Butler, so ideally he misses no games.

VN Store

Back