Marshall Thundering Herd thread

There from Huntington West Virginia. Just up the road from my inlaws. I'm expecting a competitive game. I haven't followed them recently. So I know nothing about their current roster.

Only online to my knowledge. Sec+ online. I use "WatchEspn" app, it's free through most tv providers.

Reactions: 1 person
If we lose this game I'm off the Barnes bandwagon.

You can call it a knee jerk reaction or whatever but if we lose to this team I've lost all confidence in Barnes. They are not good at all.

You can call it a knee jerk reaction or whatever but if we lose to this team I've lost all confidence in Barnes. They are not good at all.

Knee jerk reaction but it is OK, He does not need you.

Reactions: 3 people
There from Huntington West Virginia. Just up the road from my inlaws. I'm expecting a competitive game. I haven't followed them recently. So I know nothing about their current roster.

Aren't "in law's from WV" the same thing the rest of the world calls "parents" beside Alabama folks.

Reactions: 2 people
Aren't "in law's from WV" the same thing the rest of the world calls "parents" beside Alabama folks.

That's funny. I joke with them all the time about being inbread back water Kentucky folks. Their funny in laws. Actually pretty cool to be from Grayson Kentucky.

With all the upsets we've seen just in the opening week of the season by established programs falling to grossly inferior opponents, a loss by this Tennessee team in Barnes' 3rd game to a grossly inferior opponent would have that sort of impact for you???

You're smarter than that CA. Don't let the frustration boil over. Barnes may turn out to be Buzz Peterson Pt. II over the long haul, but I wouldn't let one game this early decide that for you.

With all the upsets we've seen just in the opening week of the season by established programs falling to grossly inferior opponents, a loss by this Tennessee team in Barnes' 3rd game to a grossly inferior opponent would have that sort of impact for you???

You're smarter than that CA. Don't let the frustration boil over. Barnes may turn out to be Buzz Peterson Pt. II over the long haul, but I wouldn't let one game this early decide that for you.

I'm not speaking out of frustration. I happen to know a lot about the Marshall coaching staff due to someone that I work with. Their head coach is not good and they are not a good, fundamental team in any way. We have no excuse to lose to them whatsoever.

Last edited:
I'm not speaking out of frustration. I happen to know a lot about the Marshall coaching staff due to someone that I work with. Their head coach is not good and they are not a good, fundamental team in any way. We have no reason to lose to them at all.

We could play this game 1000 times and wouldn't lose once

Not worth worrying about

Tomorrow night I would like to see us try to work in Phillips at the point, we need that extra player IMO.

Would like to see minutes distributed close to this:

Punter 30
Moore 30
Hubbs 28
Reese 25
McGhee 25
Mostella 22
Baulkman 15
Phillips 10
Alexander 10
Kasongo 5

Mostella is trying, and that means something IMO. He led us with 6 rebounds in the first half, that alone is evidence he is committed to giving the effort, if it somehow can click for he can be a high level contributor. I like what McGhee and Reese are both giving us, they both gotta clean it up defensively, but the rebounding and high fg% are a plus.

Jmo

Reactions: 2 people
Tomorrow night I would like to see us try to work in Phillips at the point, we need that extra player IMO.

Punter 30
Moore 30
Hubbs 28
Reese 25
McGhee 25
Mostella 22
Baulkman 15
Phillips 10
Alexander 10
Kasongo 5

Mostella is trying, and that means something IMO. He led us with 6 rebounds in the first half, that alone is evidence he is committed to giving the effort, if it somehow can click for he can be a high level contributor. I like what McGhee and Reese are both giving us, they both gotta clean it up defensively, but the rebounding and high fg% are a plus.

Jmo

Schofield has been working the brds some. Could add 10 to 15 backing up 3,4 and 5.
Need all the legs we got.

Schofield has been working the brds some. Could add 10 to 15 backing up 3,4 and 5.
Need all the legs we got.

I think 11 may be exceeding what we need, especially if he's not giving you anymore than a guy he's replacing, but jmo. Now if his shot comes along and he shows he's a threat from 3, that would change my mind.

I think 11 may be exceeding what we need, especially if he's not giving you anymore than a guy he's replacing, but jmo. Now if his shot comes along and he shows he's a threat from 3, that would change my mind.
Provides a lot more effort than Kasongo. This guy's a complete disappointment to me. Was really looking forward to watching him and he just doesn't seem to have any interest in being on the floor.

Provides a lot more effort than Kasongo. This guy's a complete disappointment to me. Was really looking forward to watching him and he just doesn't seem to have any interest in being on the floor.

One or the other, I don't much care which, I like Kasongo's size better but if he isn't gonna give effort I agree. Maybe I missed the fuss, but as soon as he entered he had an offensive rebound and missed follow up, I wasn't as down as many.

One or the other, I don't much care which, I like Kasongo's size better but if he isn't gonna give effort I agree. Maybe I missed the fuss, but as soon as he entered he had an offensive rebound and missed follow up, I wasn't as down as many.

If we don't see any more than he's given so far, I'm for going hard after Bruno and putting him on the side walk.
Can u tell I'm down on him?

Probably a little early to say that at this point. He could be the latest version of Dom Woodson, or he could just be feeling his way through and trying to adjust. Time will tell.

Punter 30
Moore 30
Hubbs 28
Reese 25
McGhee 25
Mostella 22
Baulkman 15
Phillips 10
Alexander 10
Kasongo 5

Jmo

Mostella deserves more minutes than Baulkman at this point based on what I can tell.

Agree on McGhee and Reese too.

VN Store

Back