'16 NC G Kwe Parker (UT commit 11/20/15)

AVolforLifenmeZac

A Vol Nut
4_2970905.jpg

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 172
Positon: PG/ SG

This guy is close to committing, but didn't have an official thread. Excited about this guy as I think he will be a key contributor for Rick Barnes. He's an explosive athlete who is fun to watch dunk, but still needs to work on his shooting. He is also an excellent defender. He is the teammate of current signee Jalen Johnson. More of a 2 guard than a 1 guard.

Kwe Parker, Wesleyan Christian, Point Guard

Kwe Parker - Yahoo! Sports

Scout.com - College Sports, Football Recruiting, NFL, Fantasy Advice & More Front Page

Kwe Parker - Basketball Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Reactions: 1 person
Per VQ Rob Lanier will be watching his game tonight, teammates of Jalen Johnson and they play Grant Williams team, so definitely some Vol interest there. VQ said its not wrapped up yet, but clearly the Vols are trying to get this one locked down before the early signing day ends tomorrow at midnight.

Reactions: 2 people
Per VQ Rob Lanier will be watching his game tonight, teammates of Jalen Johnson and they play Grant Williams team, so definitely some Vol interest there. VQ said its not wrapped up yet, but clearly the Vols are trying to get this one locked down before the early signing day ends tomorrow at midnight.

:good!:

Seems like we have an inside connection with Johnson being his teammate. Is he worth only having 1 scholarship for 2017?? We will have Turner, Bone, and Phillips next season already.

Last edited:
Seems like we have an inside connection with Johnson being his teammate. Is he worth only having 1 scholarship for 2017?? We will have Turner, Bone, and Phillips next season already.

Yes!!! based on Rick Barnes track record, they will sign 3 or 4 players next year. At least two people will be instructed to move on because they will not get any playing time. Most years at Texas he signed at least 4 players.

Signing period ends in about 27 hours or so. Hoping Lanier can get him to sign and then I'm hoping we get Bruno Fernando in the spring period.

Signing period ends in about 27 hours or so. Hoping Lanier can get him to sign and then I'm hoping we get Bruno Fernando in the spring period.

Believe we'll have to recruit over someone if we take Parker and then add Bruno.
Correct me if wrong BTO.

We need him to sign now. I think he will rise again. If we wait it will be tough to pull him in the spring.

VN Store

Back