Georgia Tech game highlights and postgame presser

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
For anyone interested.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT_xGMdjgNE[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2y9vnjOh9M[/youtube]

Man, we fought really hard last night. Need to practice lay-ups and foul shots... the first half we were owning rebounds and jumping out of the gym, but by the end of the second half you could see with our lack of depth and height, our legs were getting heavy and they were winning at the rim.... if this team can get a big man and improve shooting to stay steady through the game, we may win some. What is scary is that we really should have won last night, we had so many easy opportunities for points that we just didn't connect on.... GBO!

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for posting, Freak. I'm really digging the Barnes hire. I really think he will get us where we want to be. Loved the fight last night.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for posting, Freak. I'm really digging the Barnes hire. I really think he will get us where we want to be. Loved the fight last night.

I know some don't like the frantic pace, but I thought it was a very entertaining game, at least until the wheels started coming off a bit.

I know some don't like the frantic pace, but I thought it was a very entertaining game, at least until the wheels started coming off a bit.

I have been the most vocal negative guy so I assume you are referring to me which is perfectly fine but to clarify I like the pace. I just think there must be some baskets credited to X/Os when baskets aren't scored in transition.

We only had 9 assist last night and I am willing to bet most of those were in transition.

We must score baskets in other ways

I have been the most vocal negative guy so I assume you are referring to me which is perfectly fine but to clarify I like the pace. I just think there must be some baskets credited to X/Os when baskets aren't scored in transition.

We only had 9 assist last night and I am willing to bet most of those were in transition.

We need to pass like Golden State?

I really wasn't referring to you specifically, Bruin. I saw several comments in the game thread last night from those who didn't particularly care for the pace/style of play.

But certainly, the team will have to be effective in the half court when the opportunity to push the ball isn't there.

I really wasn't referring to you specifically, Bruin. I saw several comments in the game thread last night from those who didn't particularly care for the pace/style of play.

But certainly, the team will have to be effective in the half court when the opportunity to push the ball isn't there.

I have been DVRing most games lately so posters will be happy to know I am absent in most of the game threads.

The style is fun to watch for sure. 1-2 good plays called from the bench from winning last night

Gone be one crazy year I'm thinking. From what I saw last night it's gonna be good. Man, these guys balled out, but came up short. Heck of a gutty performance. Gotta get some consistent perimeter shooting from guards and keep battling for the boards. I think we'll get much better as we go...we'll see.

GO VOLS!

Like coaches mentality. You can tell, matter of factly , that he expected to win the game. Calls a spade a spade. He will get effort out of the guys and if they listen and improve on basic stuff, we will win a few games this year

Like coaches mentality. You can tell, matter of factly , that he expected to win the game. Calls a spade a spade.

I didn't expect that from him coming in. I had rarely caught any interviews with him, but the ones I did he was pretty vanilla.(lot of coach speak)

It was cool to see and hear.

VN Store

Back