Vols BBall team might surprise you this season.

VinylVols

Honestly they look a lot like Bruce Pearls first year team in the sense that there is definitely talent and potential there even though they're mostly under the radar guys. They look very coachable. Really close game tonight. A pretty easy schedule coming up, so there will be time to keep working.

Reactions: 12 people
Hard fought game tonight. Defense looked better. This team will finish above .500. That's a huge testament to Barnes. Glad he is on Rocky Top.

Reactions: 9 people
We need our bench to contribute more. Alexander, Kasongo, Phillips (NP), and Schofield (NP) did not contribute at all. If we're going to win, we need them to step up. Overall I liked the effort, and I really enjoyed watching them play.

Reactions: 3 people
Hopefully we can get these cramps under control. Without Moore and Punter on the floor at the same time our team struggles. Hubbs has really starting to step up though!

Reactions: 2 people
Rebounded a lot better tonight. Everybody was crashing. I think Stella had 3 or 4 in the 1st half. Because of our size in the front court we have to team rebound to be competitive.

Our transition defense is pretty bad right now. We were caught looking over at side sideline instead of printing back more than once. That's not to mention the jogging at other times.

But I really liked the effort from Jabari tonight. We need a big to step up and he can be that guy. Just gotta get smarter in what you can and can't get away with on the defensive end. Because of his effort he's gonna have some foul trouble. But the silly ones have to stop. He has to be able to stay on the floor.

I didn't think they looked bad. Not as exciting as last year though

How? We are a million times more exciting. Last year was the most boring ball we have played since O'Neill. 63.3 ppg. Our worst in about 20 years. Tyndull couldn't coach and the o was garbage.

Reactions: 5 people
One thing that stood out for me tonight being at the game was re:Kasongo. Soft has been used to describe him before, you may need to add 'aloof' as well.

Hopefully it's a one time thing.

We aren't making a NCAAT run but we could surprise in some games. Still think 17-14 will be our final record.

We aren't making a NCAAT run but we could surprise in some games. Still think 17-14 will be our final record.

I'll take 17-14. That would be pretty good. I think we'll see how good this team can be by SEC. If they're not there by SEC play I'll probably rethink my original statement, but there's a lot to be played between now and then.

No question. I just believe the conference is weak enough for them to have more wins than losses overall. Maybe I'm too much of an optimist. It feels good as a Vol fan to see a proven coach on the men's bball bench though.

Barnes will get us there soon enough

VN Store

Back