The Official Tennessee @ Georgia Tech Game Thread, 7:00 pm ET, ESPNU

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 1-0 (0-0 SEC)

6_4015625.jpg

@

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets: 1-0 (0-0 ACC)

CTyL9YKWcAExMk5.jpg

7:00 PM ET, November 16, 2015
McCamish Pavilion, Atlanta, Georgia

Line: UT +6.5
O/U: 145.5

TV: ESPNU
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: ---
Online: WatchESPN

Last edited:
Overall: Tennessee leads, 42-27

In Knoxville: UT leads, 25-9

In Atlanta: GT leads, 18-15

Neutral Sites: UT leads, 2-0

Current Streak: Georgia Tech has won one

Last Meeting: Georgia Tech won, 77-62, in Knoxville, 2/7/04

Barnes vs. Georgia Tech: 5-3

Barnes vs. Gregory: No meetings

These programs met annually from 1945-68, and Georgia Tech was a member of the SEC from 1932-64.

The most recent meeting came in February 2004, when the Yellow Jackets posted a 77-62 win in Knoxville. That snapped an eight-game Tennessee win streak in the series.

All eight games Rick Barnes has coached against GT came during his tenure at Clemson.

Give the Vols their rst 2-0 start since the 2012-13 season.

Improve UT’s record vs. current members of the ACC to 106-96.

Improve Tennessee’s all-time record in the city of Atlanta to 29-44.

Give Rick Barnes 67 career wins against current members of the ACC (against 71 losses).

Will be interested to see if Vols play some zone, other Han Adam Smith GT isn't a great 3 point shooting team, when we had a similar front court with Stokes & Maymon that was our kryptonite, teams playing a slouching zone and making it hard to even get our bigs the ball. We simply can't guard their bigs 1 on 1 consistently IMO, so I'm curious to see what we do, may mix it up with zone and also some traps and such. Gotta rebound the ball 100x better than we did the other night, especially defensively against GT, have to shoot better from 3, and gotta make our free throws.

Will be interested to see if Vols play some zone, other Han Adam Smith GT isn't a great 3 point shooting team, when we had a similar front court with Stokes & Maymon that was our kryptonite, teams playing a slouching zone and making it hard to even get our bigs the ball. We simply can't guard their bigs 1 on 1 consistently IMO, so I'm curious to see what we do, may mix it up with zone and also some traps and such. Gotta rebound the ball 100x better than we did the other night, especially defensively against GT, have to shoot better from 3, and gotta make our free throws.

1-3-1 possible ? I'd like to see 2-3 for a few possessions, then maybe go 1-31 for a few.

1-3-1 possible ? I'd like to see 2-3 for a few possessions, then maybe go 1-31 for a few.

1-3-1 can be pretty easily exposed is the ball gets down low, I would think more 2-3. I also would like to see us try and play a little full court press and fall back into a 2-3 zone. If you can slow them down coming up the court to where it takes 8 seconds, with the shorter shot clock and playing a zone they done have nearly as much time to try and work it down low.

1-3-1 can be pretty easily exposed is the ball gets down low, I would think more 2-3. I also would like to see us try and play a little full court press and fall back into a 2-3 zone. If you can slow them down coming up the court to where it takes 8 seconds, with the shorter shot clock and playing a zone they done have nearly as much time to try and work it down low.

True, just thought it would mix it up a little, but rebounding will be huge if we do go zone. We have to rebound better

VN Store

Back