The Jackets are next....

CAVPUT

Embracing the inner nega in all of us
What do you expect to see? I'm hoping for better, more consistent defense and MUCH better from the line. I hope we can give them a decent game and maybe keep it within 10 pts.

Will be a great indication of the team. GT isn't a juggernaut but they are a solid team.

Georgia Tech was garbage last year and lost two of their top 2 scorers. That game is very winnable. But who knows how well we'll play on the road and if Hubbs will be able to play?

Georgia Tech was garbage last year and lost two of their top 2 scorers. That game is very winnable. But who knows how well we'll play on the road and if Hubbs will be able to play?

They've got talent. I expect them to a be a surprise team in the ACC this year. We'll have a tall hill to climb Monday.

Better defense and win the rebounding battle. Gotta start blocking out and team rebounding better or we're gonna have to score 80-90 every game to have a chance. And we just don't have that kind of consistent offensive production. Imo

This will be a big game for us, tech is not a great team but decent and would be nice to get a road win vs a power 5 team before conf ball begins
Go vols!

Want to see something funny. Watch Auburn play. So many uncoordinated white guys dancing in the stands. It's like watching Hee Haw.

Reactions: 4 people
GT is a phenomenal rebounding team, gonna take a much better effort from everyone on the boards if we wanna win.

I really hope we decide to use our precious practice time toward working on our rebounding skills instead of having some fun time goofing off in preparation for ga tech

I really hope we decide to use our precious practice time toward working on our rebounding skills instead of having some fun time goofing off in preparation for ga tech

Has the team just been "having some fun time goofing off" so far?

Same 5, Punter/Hubbs/Baulkman/Moore/Reese IMO

And that's why I and other fans shouldn't get too upset when we don't play well and lose games. Barnes inherited a limited roster. Not much you can do to cover the deficiencies. All the parts we need just aren't there.

I'm reading about the kids we signed. I'm reading about the kids like Alexander and Ray. I tend to agree with others that Barnes is building a foundation. It's going to be tough sledding this year and maybe next, but I think he's trying to do this the right way. I'm thinking the Wisconsin method vs the UK/UNC method. Speaking for myself, I'm going to enjoy the moments this season brings and not get too worked up about the record.

Reactions: 2 people
In all seriousness this team needs to make a dramatic improvement if we are to have any shot to go on the road and compete.

Tough game Monday

In all seriousness this team needs to make a dramatic improvement if we are to have any shot to go on the road and compete.

Tough game Monday

I'm honestly not expecting a win Monday. Really think folks are underestimating GT this year.

As for improving, I think every one on the roster can improve. What I question is the "toughness". I see a couple of guys who have that "dog" in them, but there are more that don't seem to have that spark. Barnes biggest challenge may be in changing the mindset and culture surrounding this basketball program. Much like Butch faced with the football side. Not sure you can change that outside of recruiting.

VN Store

Back