I'm Getting Excited for This Season!!!

Milehigh_Vol

I'm starting to get super excited for this season. Almost as much as when Pearl was here. The quite off-season makes me feel like we have a sleeping beast. I know we don't have all the talent in the world but, if we could play good fundamentals and sound defense we have a chance to steal a few games from some great teams. Barnes is a old school coach in which I like with basketball. I will be happy with 16 to 18 wins but I think we can crack into the low to mid 20s (21-24 games) this year if we can keep the fundamentals solid this year..

GO VOLS and as always GO LADY VOLS!!

Reactions: 2 people
I'm really excited too homie!

But just be perfectly clear, there is 0 reason to believe we'll crack 20 wins (much less mid twenties) at this point.

Reactions: 3 people
These kids are excited too.
Listened to a Reese interview. These guys love this new offense and according to Reese they are going to be better on defense than even Barnes thought.
learned a lot from the Davidson scrimmage.

Confidence level: 100+

Hoping for a Pearl #1 type season. If nuthin else, it's going to be interesting.

I'm starting to get super excited for this season. Almost as much as when Pearl was here. The quite off-season makes me feel like we have a sleeping beast. I know we don't have all the talent in the world but, if we could play good fundamentals and sound defense we have a chance to steal a few games from some great teams. Barnes is a old school coach in which I like with basketball. I will be happy with 16 to 18 wins but I think we can crack into the low to mid 20s (21-24 games) this year if we can keep the fundamentals solid this year..

GO VOLS and as always GO LADY VOLS!!

I'm excited too because their are so many unkowns and the expectations are low, so there won't be any disappointments if we end up missing the tournament, which I think we more than likely will. But Rick does know how to reach it, so who knows? I think that's what makes me excited for the season.

I think we'll start the season out 8-4 OOC. It would be nice to steal one vs Ga Tech, Cincy/Nebraska, or Butler and start out 9-3. Then I think we could go 8-10 in the SEC and win over TCU and still have a shot to be on the bubble at 18-13 with 2 wins in the SEC tourney. Two wins in the SEC tourney would get us to 20 wins. It's not too far of a stretch.

Reactions: 1 person
It was quite an off-season in a way, I guess.
I'll feel a lot better about our chances if/when Kasongo gets his eligibility and if our point-guard-by-committee situation works out.

These kids are excited too.
Listened to a Reese interview. These guys love this new offense and according to Reese they are going to be better on defense than even Barnes thought.
learned a lot from the Davidson scrimmage.

Confidence level: 100+

Hoping for a Pearl #1 type season. If nuthin else, it's going to be interesting.

that would be awesome

I'm just excited 'cause it's basketball time! I don't give a rat's behind how tall or short they are; if they have 9 toes or 12 fingers. Go Vols...lets play ball!

I wanna see a couple of other consistent scorers emerge, besides KP and Armani. Mostella is the one that sticks out to me. Because I know he wasn't 100% into the style of play last yr, I think it messed with his confidence. If he can shoot with the confidence he had early on last yr he could ave double digits.

With the quick trigger on offense I could easily see one of our bigs emerging as the second. They all run the floor well. So they should get plenty of easy looks around the basket, either off a pass or a rebound putback. My guess is Jabari or Kyle emerge as the unexpected consistent scorer.

Can't wait! Go Vols!!

Very curious to see how a starting 5 with only one player over 6'4" is going to pan out.
Punter 6'2

Devon Baulkman 6'4

Robert Hubbs 6'4

Armani Moore 6'4 but does his height really matter? (Or Jabari Mcghee at 6'5)

Derek Reese 6'8

Well.. Given how we did last year with a subpar offense and defense.. And given the lineup is generally the same minus Josh. We should struggle less often than we did last year. The length is there at every position other than the post..

Don't count our boys out.

I think Barnes will get us to the level Pearl had us at...it'll take time...thank goodness the Lady Vols are here to get us thru the winter!

Prior to Wednesday's practice, a reporter asked senior forward Derek Reese what fans should expect Tennessee to look like offensively in Friday's exhibition.

Reese's face rolled into a wide grin before he replied simply, "We're going to score."

"We scored 90 points against Davidson," Reese said, referring to UT's high-octane output in last Saturday's closed scrimmage. "We're going to push the ball and try to score in seven seconds. We're going to get a lot of shots up -- just have fun."

Dane Bradshaw was our starting PF through much of his senior year iirc wasn't he?
I don't get it.. Has no one watched 6'4 PG Armani Moore man handle the post position, specifically the last two years? Him and Jabari McGhee play much bigger. Wish I could say the same about Derek Reese lol, poor guy.

Wish I could say the same about Derek Reese lol, poor guy.

How dare you speak this blasphemy. lol seriously, I think Reese plays pretty big for his size, as long as he isn't trying to dropstep and dunk.

I don't get it.. Has no one watched 6'4 PG Armani Moore man handle the post position, specifically the last two years? Him and Jabari McGhee play much bigger. Wish I could say the same about Derek Reese lol, poor guy.
Reese may be the player that benefits the most from this coaching change.
From what I hear and see he's actually getting the information and instruction he needs to play the position.

Tyndall just threw him out there and said if you want to play this is yer spot. and he looked just like that.

VN Store

Back