Davidson Closed Scrimmage

CAVol

Small nugget from Jeff Goodman:

@GoodmanESPN: Tennessee edged out Davidson in scrimmage. Armani Moore went for 30 and 14, Kevin Punter with 27 points. Peyton Aldridge 19 & 9 for Davidson

SIAP.

Reactions: 5 people
Armani played exceptionally well as expected. Punter has really improved. I would love to know how well our freshmen did, as well as Hubbs.

Hope we can count on Armani and KP for at least that same effort every game. We need consistency.

Last edited:
Lol if I had to guess Hubbs was 3/12 shooting with 6 points and zero assists.

...sounds about right for him.

In all seriousness looks like we have a better team than expected, fellas

New I heard that the one portion of the day that was played under game conditions (they also did a lot of situational stuff) Tennessee won 90-79. Davidson's best player didn't play and Robert Hubbs (knee soreness) was also out (will be back at practice on Tuesday), Kasongo was also out, not sure on his status.

Armani Moore had 30 points to lead all scorers and had 14 boards. Punter had 27 points. Mostella started in place of Hubbs, he had 11 points but was 1-of-8 from three. Baulkman had 10 points. Moore and Punter both played 38 minutes. Tennessee took 30 3's, made 8. Derek Reese had 10 boards but didn't make a shot and had two points. Kyle Alexander didn't score and grabbed 2 boards in limited action.

Also for those asking about stats being released by Tennessee, can only be done if both teams approve and haven't heard that Tennessee has gotten approval or really cares to push for it.

-VQ

So kasongo was out and Alexander played limited minutes and many here think they have the 5 rapped up?

Obviously Kasongo being out changed the complexion there a bit, I would also say Davidson style had something to do with that. Sounded like this was a good matchup for a Reese at the 5 type of game, and obviously a great matchup for Moore at the 4...some teams we play will require us to go bigger, we can be somewhat versatile.

So kasongo was out and Alexander played limited minutes and many here think they have the 5 rapped up?

Pure speculation but maybe Kasongo has a minor injury that they wanted to make sure he didn't tweak before season.

Obviously Kasongo being out changed the complexion there a bit, I would also say Davidson style had something to do with that. Sounded like this was a good matchup for a Reese at the 5 type of game, and obviously a great matchup for Moore at the 4...some teams we play will require us to go bigger, we can be somewhat versatile.

You don't play a scrimmage and sit guys out because the opponent doesn't fit their style. That's silly to suggest. Scrimmages are played to work on things and results mean virtually nothing

Reactions: 2 people
You don't play a scrimmage and sit guys out because the opponent doesn't fit their style. That's silly to suggest. Scrimmages are played to work on things and results mean virtually nothing

You interpreted my post incorrectly, that's not what I meant. I was just simply saying Reese playing big minutes and having success may have just as much to do with Kasongo being out and the opponent as it does with Reese suddenly becoming an all-sec big man.

Wel you're leaving it open for interpretation, AND THAT IS YOUR FAULT, if you don't want people to make their own guesses as to why he was out then you either should 1. Say why he was out or 2. Not have said anything.

Interpretation! That's Ludicrous! Lol I gave you the benefit of the doubt but I know you are really just crazy.

All I said was the man is not injured. That's all I know. I don't see how you can interpret anything else from that. You looking for entertainment through arguing and twisting words. I am not the one. I'm not playing your games. Go try to bait someone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
You interpreted my post incorrectly, that's not what I meant. I was just simply saying Reese playing big minutes and having success may have just as much to do with Kasongo being out and the opponent as it does with Reese suddenly becoming an all-sec big man.

Might have something to do with kasongo being out I agree but there is zero chance it had anything to do with the opponent

However the main part of my op was Alexander didn't play much either. Tells me Reese is at the very least ahead of him

Last edited:

VN Store

Back