Official 2015-2016 season predictions

bleedingTNorange

We very well may have done these, but I can't find it and it's a slow day on the board, and well frankly I'm ready for basketball season to get here. For those who don't know we are scheduled to scrimmage Davidson this coming Saturday, it's a "secret scrimmage" but results usually leak from these. The following Friday will be a scrimmage at TBA, and then we open against UNC-Asheville a week later.

At media day the Vols were picked to finish 12th out of 14 team in the SEC, KenPom has the Vols predicted at 10/14. Obviously this is Rick Barnes first season at Tennessee, but he has a history of improving teams right away in the past, so on that topic it's worth noting the Vols finished 15-15 last year regular season.

As of now there have been no major injuries reported, everyone is expected to play Saturday against Davidson and be ready for the opener against UNC-A, so with only 11 scholarship players that's important obviously to remain healthy.

With that said, here's the schedule, feel free to copy and paste the schedule with your game by game predictions, or just post your season predictions in this thread, GBO!

vs. UNC-Asheville
@ Georgia Tech
vs. Marshall
vs. Gardner Webb
vs. Army
n. George Washington
n. Cincinnati or Nebraska
@ Butler
vs. Florida Atlantic
vs. Gonzaga
vs. ETSU
vs. Tennessee State
@ Auburn
vs. Florida
vs. Texas A&M
@ Georgia
@ Mississippi State
vs. Vanderbilt
vs. South Carolina
@ Alabama
@ TCU
vs. Kentucky
@ Arkansas
vs. Auburn
@ Missouri
@ Kentucky
vs. LSU
@ South Carolina
vs. Arkansas
@ Vanderbilt
vs. Ole Miss

Reactions: 1 person
That's about where I am total record wise.(guessing of course) I could see as few as 2 losses ooc and as many as 5, if we don't have our ish together early. And .500 in conference sounds about right.

After all the "fast paced run and gun" discussion in here the last few seasons, the one thing I feel the best about is this will be the fastest paced team we've watch play since Pearl. Imo

20-11
2 in SECT

4 seniors and a coach with a chip on his shoulder. Going to be a fun season for players and fans.

I'll minimize it since I copied/pasted. But I'll Bold all the games I think we win

vs. UNC-Asheville
@ Georgia Tech
vs. Marshall
vs. Gardner Webb
vs. Army
n. George Washington

n. Cincinnati or Nebraska
@ Butler
vs. Florida Atlantic
vs. Gonzaga
vs. ETSU
vs. Tennessee State
@ Auburn

vs. Florida
vs. Texas A&M
@ Georgia
@ Mississippi State
vs. Vanderbilt
vs. South Carolina

@ Alabama
@ TCU
vs. Kentucky
@ Arkansas
vs. Auburn
@ Missouri
@ Kentucky
vs. LSU
@ South Carolina
vs. Arkansas

@ Vanderbilt
vs. Ole Miss

19-12

I think we can beat Nebraska, but not Cinci, so I counted that one as a loss.

I think the two big toss ups are Georgia Tech and Butler. I could see us beating GT just as easily as losing, and I think Butler should beat us, but I thought that the last time we beat them as well.

I also don't think it happens, but I would absolutely LOVE to beat Gonzaga. It just feels like they always had us back in Pearl's heyday, so beating them now would be excellent.

Reactions: 1 person
20-11. Really depends on how injury-free we are.

BTW. How many times have we opened against UNC-Asheville? Seems like the 3rd or 4th year we have played them in the first or second game of the season.

Short trip and a decent team (usually).

Just very difficult to make a prediction, unknown players for the most part, terrific new coach and staff. We will do better than many are predicting!

I see about 19 wins if it's a good year.
Think that would get us a shot at NCAAt?

17-15 with a couple decent wins, and not too many bad losses. Would be a very average year, but over .500 at least is alright considering the roster/new coach.

VN Store

Back