When...

Basketball team may need a few years to rebuild, but at least we know they'll be well-coached.

I am still in shock that this team is this bad.

well you wouldn't think that football would bleed over into the Basketball forum :)

There are a handful of posters that like to come to the bball forum and insist to cease basketball related discussions because they feel like football affairs are too important for there to be basketball discussions. In the basketball forum.

Reactions: 1 person
does basketball season start? At least we have a big-time coach in that sport.

We are most likely going to be mediocre this season, probably ~.500. So if you're going to get whiny after our first loss, just spare us and yourself from the misery.

Reactions: 5 people
I would be completely fine with putting out the Football dumpster fire with a great year 0 for CRB.

Basketball team may need a few years to rebuild, but at least we know they'll be well-coached.

I am still in shock that this team is this bad.

No true point guard again. I think we'll have a legit team in his 2nd year. Barnes has done everything but a final four and a title. I expect him to be very competitive.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't we hire a coach that was fired from his previous job in basketball? If so, not sure how thats big time

Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't we hire a coach that was fired from his previous job in basketball? If so, not sure how thats big time

werent the FB co-ordinators fired from past jobs also ?

Heres a good read I found on our new coach, that was written before he left Texas.
The Legacy of Rick Barnes - Barking Carnival

To my knowledge he technically wasnt fired, but was told to fire his staff or he would have been. So I would have to admit it kinda looks like we're getting sloopy seconds of coach who is nearing the end of his career. But I think he's still a good hire for 3 reasons:

1. He has brought stability to every program he has been in charge of, and we need the heck out of that right now.
2. Like the article above discusses, he brings a .660 win % and is up there with some pretty good coaches in college bball history.
3. And he gets his teams into the tournament, which in this sport is or should be what its about. IMO

GBO

I also either believe or hope, I still haven't figured which yet, the way he left Texas caused a chip to develop on his shoulder causing him to want to prove his metal.

As far as recruitng, next yr should be when we serious start to judge that. also jmo

I also either believe or hope, I still haven't figured which yet, the way he left Texas caused a chip to develop on his shoulder causing him to want to prove his metal.

As far as recruitng, next yr should be when we serious start to judge that. also jmo

Right now, recruiting is huge. until he proves he can win with less, then I don't really care the type of talent he brings in.

There are a handful of posters that like to come to the bball forum and insist to cease basketball related discussions because they feel like football affairs are too important for there to be basketball discussions. In the basketball forum.

amazing isn't it,it happens in the Lady Vols forum at times too,which I totally don't understand either

Right now, recruiting is huge. until he proves he can win with less, then I don't really care the type of talent he brings in.

I don't know what he will do at UT,but from his record,I expect him to get things turnaround and to make the Tournament regularly as a Vol,now as to when he will start doing that,it is anybody's guess

and it will be a lot harder for him to recruit at Tennessee,he won't have the state of Texas to draw from,so it may take him a couple of years,to get the players he is used to

that is my guess,for what that is worth,which probably isn't a whole lot :)

Heres a good read I found on our new coach, that was written before he left Texas.
The Legacy of Rick Barnes - Barking Carnival

To my knowledge he technically wasnt fired, but was told to fire his staff or he would have been. So I would have to admit it kinda looks like we're getting sloopy seconds of coach who is nearing the end of his career. But I think he's still a good hire for 3 reasons:

1. He has brought stability to every program he has been in charge of, and we need the heck out of that right now.
2. Like the article above discusses, he brings a .660 win % and is up there with some pretty good coaches in college bball history.
3. And he gets his teams into the tournament, which in this sport is or should be what its about. IMO

GBO
Might add his strongest attribute. Has a history of getting players into the NBA.

VN Store

Back