Josh Richardson impressing in training camp.

Fingers

“It doesn’t happen too often, but I put the two young guys on the same team today and they’re very good defensively,” Spoelstra said. “They got after it. They made the veterans work for it. They have a great versatility and energy between the two of them. I was very encouraged by what they brought today. [They were] very competitive in the defensive drills.”

Winslow and Richardson Impress in Training Camp | Miami Heat

Reactions: 5 people
It is odd how in basketball and in football the coaches praise the rookies to the media then a week later, they cut them from the team! I learned that these statements from the coaches really mean nothing. It is mostly for show.

It is odd how in basketball and in football the coaches praise the rookies to the media then a week later, they cut them from the team! I learned that these statements from the coaches really mean nothing. It is mostly for show.

He has a contract so I doubt he'll be cut. At least this year.

Basketball is very different from Football. You don't have a 50+ man roster to choose from, and even the last guy on the bench of many NBA teams was a team's best player in college (See, Adam Morrison) or could dominate in other leagues. With Winslow and Richardson both having contracts, and with Winslow being a First round pick and Richardson being gotten after the heat gave away some decent pieces, there is no reason for them to blow smoke up the medias ass about them.

To add into this, this is Spoelstra (and thus Riley.) Two guys who have won the big one with some of the greatest players of all time. They have no incentive to give the media and their fan base so much positive PR on these rookies unless they earned it. And I'd honestly lean more towards them not saying everything good about them to temper expectations for the fan base and the media as well.

Riley said after the draft they had JRich 24th on their board and a 1st round pick. He loves him. He won't be cut.

Riley said after the draft they had JRich 24th on their board and a 1st round pick. He loves him. He won't be cut.

I wish he was a Grizzly. He'd be a great Tony Allen replacement. Would rather have him than Stokes.

I think Josh will be a solid NBA player--maybe even better than solid. He's long,rangy, athletic, versatile, can score and defend.

If given the opportunity, I feel he could have a better or just as good of a career as Winslow.

The Heat played the Magic tonight and Josh lead all scorers tonight with 18 points, 3 rebounds and 3 steals.

Reactions: 4 people
He was a 3 star and his college offer list wasn't near up to par. Overseas bound.

Sorry B. I have to record due to work too. The giddie had a hold of me and I wasn't thinking. I should've kept that in the MLB forum.

It's all good

Florida and Arkansas games I dvred

Absolute hell sequestering yourself during football games

VN Store

Back