Will CRB and the VOLS Basketball Teams host a Midnight Madness this year?

AuntieDee

...I certainly hope so. I enjoyed the one last year and was hoping for a little more this year. I know not many are hyped about our team, but I am behind them win, lose or draw. I think we may actually surprise some people and win a few more games this year.

We are stronger in some areas and weak at PG but I think as the season progresses our PG committee will get better. Lets just stick together and hope for the best. GBO! :clapping:

Reactions: 3 people
...I certainly hope so. I enjoyed the one last year and was hoping for a little more this year. I know not many are hyped about our team, but I am behind them win, lose or draw. I think we may actually surprise some people and win a few more games this year.

We are stronger in some areas and weak at PG but I think as the season progresses our PG committee will get better. Lets just stick together and hope for the best. GBO! :clapping:

Auntie Dee how is Jabari coming along? Is he ready for practice to begin? I have him penciled in as a possible starter at the 4 with Kasongo at the 5!! Ohh and btw if you can find out see who they might go with at PG starting out!! TIA

I'm excited Auntie. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress of your neffchew and the transformation of Stella.

Also looking forward to seeing if CRB has a second wind, so to speak, on the sideline.

well hoops is my favorite sport but i gotta say i am in the dark about this team....never seen so little news and so little excitement about a team in a long time.

i realize CRB's style might be a bit different than a couple of the coaches we have had lately but i think even cuonzo brought more pizzazz to the party.... hope it is not indicative of the season....we have some great players....so hopefully this thing will crank it up a bit....but midnight madness might be appropriate given the darkness.

well hoops is my favorite sport but i gotta say i am in the dark about this team....never seen so little news and so little excitement about a team in a long time.

i realize CRB's style might be a bit different than a couple of the coaches we have had lately but i think even cuonzo brought more pizzazz to the party.... hope it is not indicative of the season....we have some great players....so hopefully this thing will crank it up a bit....but midnight madness might be appropriate given the darkness.

I cannot believe you used Cuonzo and pizzazz in the same sentence. jk lol

Reactions: 1 person
Auntie Dee how is Jabari coming along? Is he ready for practice to begin? I have him penciled in as a possible starter at the 4 with Kasongo at the 5!! Ohh and btw if you can find out see who they might go with at PG starting out!! TIA

Welll Jabari is hyped as usual and ready for the season to begin. He thinks Kyle will be the newcomer with the most to offer. He has improved a great deal according to JB. Kasongo is still kind of timid in the post and needs to toughen up. Jabari is working with him on that. It's too early to tell who the main PG will be. The committee is working hard. I can tell you this...Jabari is always working hard whether he's starting or coming off the bench. But keep him penciled in, especially since turner is not playing. That is gonna put Armani at the 1 most of the time.

I'm excited Auntie. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress of your neffchew and the transformation of Stella.

Also looking forward to seeing if CRB has a second wind, so to speak, on the sideline.

Yeah I'm hoping that Mostella, Punter, Hubbs and Jabari will have a breakout season as well. If CRB is who they say is he had better pull a rabbit out of his hat and get us in The top 5 of the SEC. Lol.

Forget football.... I'm looking forward to a better basketball season!

Crb is a little too quiet for me. I'm just not feeling him right now but he may have a reason for keeping quiet...keeping the enemy at bay. I can understand that. I just hope we come out with a bang and keep it banging all the way until March.

I just think he needs to get the fans hyped by hosting Midnight Madness.

Welll Jabari is hyped as usual and ready for the season to begin. He thinks Kyle will be the newcomer with the most to offer. He has improved a great deal according to JB. Kasongo is still kind of timid in the post and needs to toughen up. Jabari is working with him on that. It's too early to tell who the main PG will be. The committee is working hard. I can tell you this...Jabari is always working hard whether he's starting or coming off the bench. But keep him penciled in, especially since turner is not playing. That is gonna put Armani at the 1 most of the time.

Thank you Auntie Dee for your response. I had Kasongo in there starting because in that picture the other day he looked like a beast and definitely was the largest player on the team! BTW where was Jabari in that picture? I did not see him although I will say that was a chiseled looking group. Also I am really warming up to Armani at the 1 I hope that will work. He is their best defender in my mind and has great athleticism. It might work if he can handle and distribute the basketball.

Surprised to hear Kasongo being timid so far. To be honest, due to Alexander's frame coming in, I'd have thought the opinion of him and Kasongo would be reversed at this point.

That should be good news though, cause Alexander has more offensive upside. Jabari will need some help getting points in the paint.

It appears that not only will there be no Midnight Madness, but Coach Barnes is closing practice for the first week or so.

Nothing builds excitement like the view of a bunker from the outside.

Armani at the 1? yikes. Hopefully he's been working on his handle.

It appears that not only will there be no Midnight Madness, but Coach Barnes is closing practice for the first week or so.

Nothing builds excitement like the view of a bunker from the outside.

Don't think it's for the first week, first practice is today and they're opening practice to the media Monday iirc, depending on how many practices they're doing this weekend it's only 1-3 that are closed.

Don't think it's for the first week, first practice is today and they're opening practice to the media Monday iirc, depending on how many practices they're doing this weekend it's only 1-3 that are closed.

The only time I've ever experienced a closed practice is if the coach wants to cuss you out or something like that, kinda strange that Barnes is doing it, but I like it.

The only time I've ever experienced a closed practice is if the coach wants to cuss you out or something like that, kinda strange that Barnes is doing it, but I like it.

That's not true at all, almost all of CDT's practices were closed, some coaches just like less exposure.

Wonder why they were closed? Lol. But seriously, if he wants the fan base to be excited and show out, he needs to do something.

Most of Martin's were also closed, as I've said before I don't think Barnes is overly concerned with the PR side of things.

Most of Martin's were also closed, as I've said before I don't think Barnes is overly concerned with the PR side of things.

I understand the pr, but he does want the fans to show up, right? Give us something to be excited about. I mean I'm excited, I wish we could skip football and go straight to bball, but I can see why people are not. What is there to be excited about?

VN Store

Back