Just what exacty is going on?

mackievol

So I hear Rick Barnes isn't hardly doing any recruiting, he did not have a summer camp, and the guy is quite frankly missing in action. Can anyone confirm this? The state of athletics at our beloved University is really upside down these days. They need to send out the National Guard to find Rick Barnes and tell him this isn't Texas he has to earn his pay here.

Reactions: 2 people
He said it's all part of the process... Piece by piece!!!! Said that we have a chart for this and he has recruited well enough to win. Also said that this is a process and we just need to be patient. He charts all his phone calls and that our players have sleep coaches, etc.... We are also a really young basketball team!!

So I hear Rick Barnes isn't hardly doing any recruiting, he did not have a summer camp, and the guy is quite frankly missing in action. Can anyone confirm this? The state of athletics at our beloved University is really upside down these days. They need to send out the National Guard to find Rick Barnes and tell him this isn't Texas he has to earn his pay here.

Didn't have a summer camp? They had the elite camp in June and he's getting ready to host a coaches clinic, may want to check your sources.

As for not recruiting, he's not Pearl or Tyndall, he's more Martin, he doesn't leak things to the press about recruiting because he doesn't give a crap about what the general fan feels they should know about recruiting. They hosted 4 official visitors for the Oklahoma game as well as unofficial visitors, they are set to host 2 more official visitors this weekend, and have another offices visitor tentatively scheduled for the Georgia game.

Jordan Bone who visited for the Oklahoma game committed that weekend, Josh Okogie who visited that weekend is set to announce 10/14 and most like Tennessee, they missed on De'Riante Jenkins who visited that weekend, and they're still in it for Grant Williams who visited that weekend.

As I said above, he's not the salesman or the media leaker that Pearl and Tyndall were, and a lot of people won't like that, but just because you don't hear things don't mean he's not out recruiting, or hosting summer camps or coaching clinics.

Reactions: 19 people
Look, I know we're all pissed at Jones right now, but let's not take it out on Barnes. At least wait until he blows a big lead and then we can pile on.

Didn't have a summer camp? They had the elite camp in June and he's getting ready to host a coaches clinic, may want to check your sources.

As for not recruiting, he's not Pearl or Tyndall, he's more Martin, he doesn't leak things to the press about recruiting because he doesn't give a crap about what the general fan feels they should know about recruiting. They hosted 4 official visitors for the Oklahoma game as well as unofficial visitors, they are set to host 2 more official visitors this weekend, and have another offices visitor tentatively scheduled for the Georgia game.

Jordan Bone who visited for the Oklahoma game committed that weekend, Josh Okogie who visited that weekend is set to announce 10/14 and most like Tennessee, they missed on De'Riante Jenkins who visited that weekend, and they're still in it for Grant Williams who visited that weekend.

As I said above, he's not the salesman or the media leaker that Pearl and Tyndall were, and a lot of people won't like that, but just because you don't hear things don't mean he's not out recruiting, or hosting summer camps or coaching clinics.

That's the problem....he seems to be recruiting exactly like Martin did while he was here.

Reactions: 1 person
Yoooohoooo! Barnes, where are you? Hmmm, he's gotta be 'round here somewhere. 😊

My turn to be a smart a$$:

So is the OP mad because Barnes isn't hardly doing any recruiting, which means he is recruiting hard.

Or, did he mean that Coach Barnes is hardly doing any recruiting.

I never was good at understanding double negatives. :crazy:

That's the problem....he seems to be recruiting exactly like Martin did while he was here.

Are you suggesting you prefer he recruit exactly like Tyndall? Lol

Barnes and Lanier are trying to get in with Maker, whether they're successful or not is another story, but they are trying. The early indications of who they're pursuing for 2017 make me much more hopefully the next class will include more "star power", but we'll have to wait and see for a bit on that one.

Last edited:
Are you suggesting you prefer he recruit exactly like Tyndall? Lol

Barnes and Lanier are trying to get in with Maker, whether they're successful or not is another story, but they are trying. The early indications of who they're pursuing for 2017 make me much more hopefully the next class will include more "star power", but we'll have to wait and see for a bit on that one.

You compared Barnes to Martin not CDT....Its hard to judge CDT's recruiting with all the issues he had and the short time he was here. He didn't even get his first real class finished but I was not thrilled with what he had produced so far.

You compared Barnes to Martin not CDT....Its hard to judge CDT's recruiting with all the issues he had and the short time he was here. He didn't even get his first real class finished but I was not thrilled with what he had produced so far.

The only coach we can truly judge is CCM. He was here long enough. The other 2 it isn't worth the effort

VN Store

Back