Turner ruled ineligible

Keyser Soze

attachment.php

https://twitter.com/lturn1/status/648571331248848896

Reactions: 1 person
This is bs. he'd be eligible at Tennessee Wesleyan College.

Last edited:
Will he be eligible next year? Can he practice with the team? Can he remain on scholarship?

But for real there is a curse at the pg spot at UT. I guess Punter will be our guy?

Are we sure the 2nd semester is not a possibilty? The NCAA has allowed this in similar situations. Guarantee he would be eligible at UNC, UCLA, etc, etc...

Disappointing, but oh well, we still have punter and shembari. And God forbid Moore.

He will take a redshirt season and practice with the team according to 10 sports.

Punter, Mostella and Shembari should split minutes at the point guard spot depending on matchups.

That's ridiculous. I wish we knew the details behind what Turner was missing.

Wonder why Chris Walker can become eligible half way through the season last year but Lamonte is completely ineligible for the entire season? Hmm.

Wonder why Chris Walker can become eligible half way through the season last year but Lamonte is completely ineligible for the entire season? Hmm.

Here is a shot in the dark

In 2016 the NCAA is starting new higher qualifications for eligibility.

If a kid is close that kid can practice but not play for a year when before That same kid would have qualified.

My guess is since turner was originally a 2016 he falls under the rules for that class. Which means he falls into the category of what used to be called a prop 48 kid with the only difference being he can practice

Just a guess that makes some sense to me at least

Sucks that a kid graduates high school early and then gets punished by not being able to play. Oh well he'll get an extra year with the team and will have 4 years still. He seems like he still wants to stay at UT, I hope he doesn't change his mind.

Sucks that a kid graduates high school early and then gets punished by not being able to play. Oh well he'll get an extra year with the team and will have 4 years still. He seems like he still wants to stay at UT, I hope he doesn't change his mind.

Yes, he tweeted he was still a VFL. Unfortunately UT will have to make do, but he gets a year of preparation and training before having to play. Hope he uses the year well.

My thoughts exactly.

Here is a shot in the dark

In 2016 the NCAA is starting new higher qualifications for eligibility.

If a kid is close that kid can practice but not play for a year when before That same kid would have qualified.

My guess is since turner was originally a 2016 he falls under the rules for that class. Which means he falls into the category of what used to be called a prop 48 kid with the only difference being he can practice

Just a guess that makes some sense to me at least

If those new qualifications are for 2016 you have to keep in mind that in men's basketball the 2015-16 season is actually considered the 2016 season.

It was well known that this was going to be a possibility from the beginning. Coach Barnes took a gamble by putting his eggs in the Turner basket and passing on some other PG possibilities. It was a crap shoot and we crapped out.

VN Store

Back