The SEC will be a 5-6 bid league very soon

omghulkhands

The level of coaching in the SEC has increased significantly this year. Overall, this is a great thing for Tennessee.

Losing Donovan, a top 5 college coach hurts, but adding

Avery Johnson
Rick Barnes
Ben Howland

All provide obvious upgrades at each school.

White was a coveted up and coming coach.

Pearl and Cal are high level coaches.

The media and committe will begin to respect the SEC more. It won't be long and you'll see 18-19 win teams (regular season) from the SEC making the dance. Something that's been unheard of lately

Reactions: 1 person
Howland gets caught cheating within 3 years.

Only if he wins and does so by drawing in insane talent. If he only makes the NCAA once or doesn't have top 15ish recruiting classes I doubt anyone even looks.

Of course, this is also the guy who had Luc Richard Mbah a Moute (spelling), Darrin Collison, Kevin Love, Russel Westbrook, and a slew of foreign league and NBA D league guys and managed to not win a title, so its possible he recruits his ass off and does nothing with it outside of making the tourney.

Only if he wins and does so by drawing in insane talent. If he only makes the NCAA once or doesn't have top 15ish recruiting classes I doubt anyone even looks.

Of course, this is also the guy who had Luc Richard Mbah a Moute (spelling), Darrin Collison, Kevin Love, Russel Westbrook, and a slew of foreign league and NBA D league guys and managed to not win a title, so its possible he recruits his ass off and does nothing with it outside of making the tourney.
Well he done has 1 5 star and 3 4 stars I believe. I am guessing that's probably a top 10 class right now without checking. Something smells fishy.

Last edited:
With Howland, Johnson and Barnes joining the SEC, coaching matchups will be fun to watch.

VN Store

Back