#68 Braxton Blackwell
#141 Bruno Fernando
#143 Jordan Bruner
#150 Jalen Johnson
#176 Josh Okogie
#212 John Fulkerson
#219 Jordan Bone
#237 Grant Williams

I think we are in very good shape for Williams, Bone, Okogie and Fulkerson...a class of those 4 would currently rank at 29, add in Jenkins and it would be 15.

BTO

Does a team that signs 5/6 guys have a built in mathematical advantage to a team only signing 3/4 in the team rankings??

Is there an average star team rankings or a ranking system that only uses a part of the class to rank??

Different than football where most of the teams sign 25 it seems to me

BTO

Does a team that signs 5/6 guys have a built in mathematical advantage to a team only signing 3/4 in the team rankings??

Is there an average star team rankings or a ranking system that only uses a part of the class to rank??

Yes

No

Reactions: 1 person
BTO

No there's not an advantage like there would be in football, 247 weights it purposely that weigh, a 4* isn't worth a set number of points, it changes by how many you add they become worth less.

How do you figure? When you use the 247 class calculator and plug in say Jenkins, then add a 5* to the Tennessee class, Jenkins points go down?

Would a class of 3-5 stars be ranked higher than a class of 2-4 stars and 4-3 stars??

That is my question.

Would a class of 3-5 stars be ranked higher than a class of 2-4 stars and 4-3 stars??

That is my question.

Yes, the 5 star class with 3 players versus the 6 man class would be ranked higher, not sure where Ziti got that from, this isn't football...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 0
Yes, the 5 star class with 3 players versus the 6 man class would be ranked higher, not sure where Ziti got that from, this isn't football...

I don't think you and I are addressing Bruins question the same way.

He asked if there is a rankings advantage to signing more players. I said yes.

Simplest example I can give:

A. Two man class consisting of two 4* players

Vs

B. Four man class consisting of four 4* players

B is going to have a higher team ranking

I don't think you and I are addressing Bruins question the same way.

He asked if there is a rankings advantage to signing more players. I said yes.

Simplest example I can give:

A. Two man class consisting of two 4* players

Vs

B. Four man class consisting of four 4* players

B is going to have a higher team ranking

Well yea, I didn't think he meant it that way at all, that seems very simplistic. I assumed he meant it how it works in football a lot of time, you see big classes ranked higher than smaller classes with better players.

No there's not an advantage like there would be in football, 247 weights it purposely that weigh, a 4* isn't worth a set number of points, it changes by how many you add they become worth less.

Not following here.

Rivals only ranks your top 20 in football for team rankings.

Each kid is worth a different amount of points depending on their ranking. (Every 4* will have a different ranking)

Right. I understand that.

No where did I say that 3 5* would not be ranked higher than 6 3-4* players.

I guess I was giving bruin credit in that surely he's not asking which would be ranked higher, 1 five star or 2 five stars, it seemed obvious to me he was asking if like he further detailed...is 3 five stars ranked higher than 2 four stars and 4 three stars, or does the bigger class get the edge.

Not following here.

Rivals only ranks your top 20 in football for team rankings.

Each kid is worth a different amount of points depending on their ranking. (Every 4* will have a different ranking)

I know rivals only counts top 20, I didnt think each service did that though?

There has to be a cut off somewhere.

There was an example on here the other days where a team had only 1 signee but it was a 5star. That class was in the 80s

Well yea, I didn't think he meant it that way at all, that seems very simplistic. I assumed he meant it how it works in football a lot of time, you see big classes ranked higher than smaller classes with better players.

Right, there's definitely more emphasis on getting top players. A class of two five stars is going to rank very high.

Not sure what point you are trying to make with football. Rivals, for example, only uses your top 20 (which most teams sign at least 20 each and every year) commitments for rankings. Signing 40 does you no good because they only count your top 20.

To my knowledge, the basketball team rankings don't "cap" it in that way so there is an advantage to signing more players.

I guess I was giving bruin credit in that surely he's not asking which would be ranked higher, 1 five star or 2 five stars, it seemed obvious to me he was asking if like he further detailed...is 3 five stars ranked higher than 2 four stars and 4 three stars, or does the bigger class get the edge.

Well there isn't any way to answer that because there's a difference in 5* ranked 25 and a 5* ranked 1. Same for a 4* ranked 26 and 4* ranked 99. 3* kids as well. But my guess would be that the class of three 5* would be ranked higher, at least in most cases. 5* kids are worth a ton in rankings.

Another example is a class has two 5* kids committed. Then they take a commit from a 3* kid. Does their team ranking go up or down at that point? I say it goes up.

Last edited:

Class A:
5* ranked 23
5* ranked 24
5* ranked 25

Class B
4* ranked 26
4* ranked 27
3* ranked 115
3* ranked 116
3* ranked 117
3* ranked 118

I know it's an extreme example but I could see B being ranked higher than A

Last edited:
There has to be a cut off somewhere.

There was an example on here the other days where a team had only 1 signee but it was a 5star. That class was in the 80s

Not sure what you mean, 1 five star by themselves is worth x amount of points, ~80 is where that point total would rank.

Well there isn't any way to answer that because there's a difference in 5* ranked 25 and a 5* ranked 1. Same for a 4* ranked 26 and 4* ranked 99. 3* kids as well. But my guess would be that the class of three 5* would be ranked higher, at least in most cases. 5* kids are worth a ton in rankings.

Another example is a class has two 5* kids committed. Then they take a commit from a 3* kid. Does their team ranking go up or down at that point? I say it goes up.

It seemed bruin was suggesting the rankings I posted for potential classes were where they were because of the # of players, not quality. The team rankings are designed to factor in both quality and quantity, is a class of 1 five star better than a class of 3 top 150 three stars? Some may say yes, and some may say no, may depend on the schools need, but the rankings don't factor in need so it's meant to be unbiased.

Class A:
5* ranked 23
5* ranked 24
5* ranked 25

Class B
4* ranked 26
4* ranked 27
3* ranked 95
3* ranked 96
3* ranked 97
3* ranked 98

I know it's an extreme example but I could see B being ranked higher than A

Those would all be 4*, not 3*, I would definitely agree B is the better class, but again that would be debatable based on need which isn't factored in.

VN Store

Back