Jordan McRae close to making a deal with the 76ers

iKrager

in 2014, Jordan McRae went to Philadelphia late in the second-round. He rejected his required tender – a one-year contract, surely unguaranteed and at the minimum – the 76ers had to offer to keep his rights. Instead, he signed in Australia, and he played for Philadelphia’s D-League affiliate after the Australian season ended.

Like last year, Philadelphia had to offer another tender to keep McRae’s rights. Perhaps, he’ll get more as a result of his loyalty. He did the 76ers a big favor by going overseas – spending a year developing without taking up an NBA roster spot or making NBA money.

Because he rejected the required tender last year, McRae can negotiate only with Philadelphia now for an NBA contract. Had he accepted the tender, he would have either forced his way onto the team last season or gotten waived. If he had gotten waived and then gone the overseas/D-League route, he could have now negotiated with any NBA team. The only apparent potential downside would have been if the 76ers – coached by Brett Brown, who previously worked in Australia – helped secure McRae a better overseas job than he could have gotten anyway.

Report: 76ers to sign Jordan McRae a year after stashing him | ProBasketballTalk

For those who don't know, McRae had a fantastic 2014-15 season in Australia and it's been speculated if McRae would get signed. This is fantastic news.

That article is a month old. If he goes to camp with a non guaranteed contract, how is he better off than last year?

Is there something new that indicates he is going in with a guaranteed contract? The Sixers have signed several guaranteed deals lately.

Reactions: 1 person
That article is a month old. If he goes to camp with a non guaranteed contract, how is he better off than last year?

Is there something new that indicates he is going in with a guaranteed contract? The Sixers have signed several guaranteed deals lately.

I don't know that anyone is saying he is better off than he was last year. But it is speculated that the Sixers possibly secured him a better overaeas deal, in part to his loyalty, than he would have gotten on his own. So, he perhaps did reap some benefits there.

If the Sixers really like Jordan, they will give him a guaranteed contract. It will be interesting if he signs a non guaranteed or or opts to go out of country to make more money. If he goes out of country he will have to deal with Sixers again next year if he wants to play in NBA unless they trade his rights.

Tomko mentioned in article just signed a non guaranteed with Sixers. If he gets cut, he is a free agent as I understand it. The reason many guys don't take the non guaranteed with an NBA team is to get on a good foreign team now rather than trying to catch on after NBA cuts.

if he wants to play in NBA unless they trade his rights.

We know the 76ers have no problems trading. I could see them signing Jmac and then trading him for a 2022 2nd round top 50 protected pick. 76ers logic.

If the Sixers really like Jordan, they will give him a guaranteed contract. It will be interesting if he signs a non guaranteed or or opts to go out of country to make more money. If he goes out of country he will have to deal with Sixers again next year if he wants to play in NBA unless they trade his rights.

Tomko mentioned in article just signed a non guaranteed with Sixers. If he gets cut, he is a free agent as I understand it. The reason many guys don't take the non guaranteed with an NBA team is to get on a good foreign team now rather than trying to catch on after NBA cuts.

Good post. Only 142 posts since 2012? Post more. Without the cludder recently, we could use you.

Good post. Only 142 posts since 2012? Post more. Without the cludder recently, we could use you.

Thanks. It has been a little difficult to figure out whether the board is about information and opinion or a place where the interest is primarily on one upping another poster with something clever.

Perhaps there are some personal rivalries that I don't have a history on. I am still feeling my way. I don't get much current news except from Internet.

Good for Jordan. I hope he makes the roster and everything works out well for him. He matured a lot as a basketball player and person during his time here.

Hoopshype reported today Jordan unlikely to go to camp with Sixers. He was offered a non guaranteed contract which the Sixers had to do if they want to retain his rights for next year.

if Jordan goes overseas , he will still be stuck with Sixers holding all the cards next year if he wants to make NBA. I think the Sixers sold him a bill of goods last year to go to Australia and said they would take care of him this year. Welcome to NBA

He had an injury this summer and didn't play well in summer league. I still think he can make some serious money playing over seas.

Jordan signed with Sixers yesterday a non guaranteed one year deal. He makes the team which appears doubtful or he is a free agent if he gets cut.

I am glad he did this as it gives him options without the Sixers albatross around his neck.

Jordan signed with Sixers yesterday a non guaranteed one year deal. He makes the team which appears doubtful or he is a free agent if he gets cut.

I am glad he did this as it gives him options without the Sixers albatross around his neck.
If he made the team, that will be quite the surprise.

VN Store

Back