Barnes comments

Dallasbowlin

Everything woke turns to sh*t
From his interview today.

@rockytopinsider: Rick Barnes said Kevin Punter has stood out this offseason, called him a "coach's dream"

@rockytopinsider: Barnes: Really, we have a team of guards

@rockytopinsider: Rick Barnes confirms that Lamonte Turner is in school, but not cleared yet.

Reactions: 3 people
@CoryGunkel: "We're not rebuilding ... I've coached teams with less talent that have made the NCAA Tournament" -- Rick Barnes

Reactions: 18 people
@CoryGunkel: Barnes says he trains every single player to handle the ball. "We're not gonna get hung up on one guy being the point guard."

Reactions: 5 people
@patrickbrownTFP: Barnes also very complimentary of Detrick Mostella. Says Mostella has improved his 'attitude problems.' RB: 'He's been terrific.'

Reactions: 5 people
We'll be in the NCAA tournament this year. I just don't see us not going with the guys on our roster.

Reactions: 2 people
We'll be in the NCAA tournament this year. I just don't see us not going with the guys on our roster.

I had to read that twice just to be sure I read it correctly.

I believe we can make the tourney but you sir have a great deal of conviction. Fwiw I hope, for the guys on the team, that we are a tourney team. Those guys have been through a lot the last couple years.

Reactions: 4 people
@patrickbrownTFP: Barnes says freshman Admiral Schofield has dropped about 30-35 pounds, which has increased his wingspan by about four inches.

* says his staff gave Mostella 'every chance' to transfer right off the bat, but Mostella wanted to play for a coach like Barnes.

* on Jabari McGhee: "We made a living off guys like him" at Texas. Likes how McGhee does his job and sticks to his strengths.

Reactions: 6 people
@patrickbrownTFP: Barnes says freshman Admiral Schofield has dropped about 30-35 pounds, which has increased his wingspan by about four inches.

I'm confused by this. I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty sure if I lost weight my arms wouldn't get longer...

Reactions: 11 people
I'm confused by this. I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty sure if I lost weight my arms wouldn't get longer...

It may be alluding to him lifting and adding more flexibility in his chest to be able to stretch further.

@CoryGunkel: Barnes says he trains every single player to handle the ball. "We're not gonna get hung up on one guy being the point guard."

We may still be PG by committee at least through some of the OOC games. Just going by his statement.

@patrickbrownTFP: Barnes also very complimentary of Detrick Mostella. Says Mostella has improved his 'attitude problems.' RB: 'He's been terrific.'

Glad to hear that Mostella Has adjusted his attitude. I think that had an effect on his game.

VN Store

Back