From Jerry Meyer re: 247 Composite Rankings

germanicus

We discussed this in a couple of threads. I asked Jerry about the apparent discrepancy between Composite rankings and the 247 sit ratings. Got a standup response:

[quote id="38793330"]that is a glitch in the system. Composite should be disregarded if I'm the only one to have ranked a player.[/quote]

So, we would see Jordan Bone as no. 151, John Fulkerson at 163 (big jump from unranked) and Grant Williams at 225.

Last edited:
So their national ranking is also their composite? If 247 is the only service they're rated by?

The way I took it was disregard composite entirely because there isn't a basis for an average. There is no composite for kids not ranked by the other services.

The way I took it was disregard composite entirely because there isn't a basis for an average. There is no composite for kids not ranked by the other services.

Makes sense, so it's odd they include them into their composite rankings. It would also mean that their team rankings are completely off, no?

Makes sense, so it's odd they include them into their composite rankings. It would also mean that their team rankings are completely off, no?

Yes, I think they either need to fix it or base team rankings on the site only ratings. It seems like an easy fix, just enter zeros for the other ratings, add and divide by 4. The rankings for those kids would plunge, but they'd be accurate.

Yes, I think they either need to fix it or base team rankings on the site only ratings. It seems like an easy fix, just enter zeros for the other ratings, add and divide by 4. The rankings for those kids would plunge, but they'd be accurate.

Not add zeros but add 101/101/151

That's where the others sites leave off

Not add zeros but add 101/101/151

That's where the others sites leave off

Except that would create artificially high ratings. Espn doesn't even have a profile on Jordan Bone so it wouldn't seem right to give him a 101 rating there. I think they should just do compositE on the top 100. Then you wouldnt have to worry about making up numbers for unranked kids.

Except that would create artificially high ratings. Espn doesn't even have a profile on Jordan Bone so it wouldn't seem right to give him a 101 rating there. I think they should just do compositE on the top 100. Then you wouldnt have to worry about making up numbers for unranked kids.

Well adding zeros wouldn't do anything except make them very very highly ranked which wouldn't make sense

Looks like the composite rankings have been taken down from at least some of these

I looked at Bones profile. No longer a 4 star. Neither is fulkerson

VN Store

Back