Here's a 3 star top 150 player going to Harvard

This has been your crusade lately and not saying I disagree but

Do you also agree that every athlete should choose Vandy over the Vols???

Would seem to be the same kind of deal

This has been your crusade lately and not saying I disagree but

Do you also agree that every athlete should choose Vandy over the Vols???

Would seem to be the same kind of deal

Sorry for going OCD on y'all. I'll back off, but before I do - Candy just thinks its Ivy League. It isn't even close. 😁

Sorry for going OCD on y'all. I'll back off, but before I do - Candy just thinks its Ivy League. It isn't even close. 😁

Lol.

You bring up an intersting discussion for sure but keep in mind there are pretty significant differences in choosing an Ivy League school over a Power 5 one.

1) cost. Unless the kid is a full pell student then it is going to cost something to go to school. Likely not much but 3-5k is soemthing.

2) facilities

3) competition. Play against the best

4) the bright lights of Bigtime athletics

5) cost of attendence $ in your pocket. This is a new one but remember kids are putting around 4-5k in the pocket each year now of they go to a power 5 school.

Hard to turn those things down IMO regardless of the education

Ivy league schools do not give athletic schlorships. To pay the average $45K-$50K annual tuition weeds out most kids. They can get scholarships (academic) if they are smart but to be at the top of the academic ladder at any Ivy school it usually means the kid is NOT an athlete (not always). If he is able to fund the cost and get into Harvard, he would be a fool to not go.

Ivy league schools do not give athletic schlorships. To pay the average $45K-$50K annual tuition weeds out most kids. They can get scholarships (academic) if they are smart but to be at the top of the academic ladder at any Ivy school it usually means the kid is NOT an athlete (not always). If he is able to fund the cost and get into Harvard, he would be a fool to not go.

They are all schools that meet the "full financial need of the student"

Which basically means a full pell grant kid will go there for free which would include a lot of hoops recruits

The reality is very, very few elite level athletes will meet the admissions standards of Vandy much less an ivy league school. So this is a fairly pointless argument. Usually the guy smart enough to get into one of these schools can make this decision on his own. Trust me, that the kids get into ivy league schools through some means other than daddys money are people that are driven and have their s--- in order. The requirements go well beyond just grades. It's not like you make good grades, then just decide halfway through your senior year you want to go to Harvard. It is something you have to prepare for well before that.

VN Store

Back