Should UT basketball have a "Legacy" program?

SeniorDrill

Should UT basketball have a "Legacy" program like Butch Jones has started on the football side? He has been very successful with it.
The 2014 “Legacy Class” as it’s called is comprised of six players who have family ties to the Vols. Todd Kelly Jr., Dillon Bates, Vic Wharton III, Neiko Creamer, Evan Berry, and Elliot Berry all had fathers, uncles, or brothers who played for Tennessee. They have a direct bloodline to Tennessee, and they were some of the most vital members of the 2014 class.
He continued the success in 2015 by landing the #1 defensive tackle in the nation in Khalil McKenzie, Reggie's son.
These "legacy" recruits as they become eligible would have a very strong lean to Tennessee IMO. I am certain that many of the outstanding basketball players that have played here have sons and other relatives who are outstanding basketball players and would love to be recruited by the Vols?
Should this be a special emphasis by Rick Barnes and should he use the same tactic that Butch is using in telling them he is building something very special here and is going to bring UT basketball back to the top? :good!:

Should UT basketball have a "Legacy" program like Butch Jones has started on the football side? He has been very successful with it.
The 2014 “Legacy Class” as it’s called is comprised of six players who have family ties to the Vols. Todd Kelly Jr., Dillon Bates, Vic Wharton III, Neiko Creamer, Evan Berry, and Elliot Berry all had fathers, uncles, or brothers who played for Tennessee. They have a direct bloodline to Tennessee, and they were some of the most vital members of the 2014 class.
He continued the success in 2015 by landing the #1 defensive tackle in the nation in Khalil McKenzie, Reggie's son.
These "legacy" recruits as they become eligible would have a very strong lean to Tennessee IMO. I am certain that many of the outstanding basketball players that have played here have sons and other relatives who are outstanding basketball players and would love to be recruited by the Vols?
Should this be a special emphasis by Rick Barnes and should he use the same tactic that Butch is using in telling them he is building something very special here and is going to bring UT basketball back to the top? :good!:

A legacy is just the kid f someone that played at UT.....the football team has not recruited "all" legacy players...They recruit good football players that happen to be legacies.

Reactions: 3 people
What former players have family members good enough? Bone is the only one I can think of and we are after him. Jarnell's bro is a football recruit.

A legacy program? Like a brothel of superior female athletes, that we send all of our players to so they can create future mutant players for our program? This might be your best idea yet. I vote Travis Henry the head director of said program.

Reactions: 2 people
NO! One person per household is enough. Mr. King, Ellis, Johnson, Slay, and Houston should have their 5* chiddrens look elsewhere. Anti-nepotism is the Vol way of life.

200.gif

A legacy program? Like a brothel of superior female athletes, that we send all of our players to so they can create future mutant players for our program? This might be your best idea yet. I vote Travis Henry the head director of said program.

Travis could be close to filling an entire offensive side of the ball in 2020 or so.

You know, this really could be a good discussion. I don't think anybody knows just how many star basketball players our hundreds of players have had blood links to over the years. Why, because none of the previous coaches bothered to find out. Until Butch Jones came along, and now Tennessee football is returning to the promised land. It's amazing the torrent of silly posts i generate. How can anyone diss the idea? I guess it must be the difference between football posters and basketball posters with nothing constructive to say. The football posters tend to think positive and it's showing on the field.

You know, this really could be a good discussion. I don't think anybody knows just how many star basketball players our hundreds of players have had blood links to over the years. Why, because none of the previous coaches bothered to find out. Until Butch Jones came along, and now Tennessee football is returning to the promised land. It's amazing the torrent of silly posts i generate. How can anyone diss the idea? I guess it must be the difference between football posters and basketball posters with nothing constructive to say. The football posters tend to think positive and it's showing on the field.

How can anyone not think that the coaches are fully aware of legacies in each class. Please fill us and the coaching staff what legacies are in the 16,17 and 18 classes that have a shred of talent that is demanding of an offer.

How can anyone not think that the coaches are fully aware of legacies in each class. Please fill us and the coaching staff what legacies are in the 16,17 and 18 classes that have a shred of talent that is demanding of an offer.

Come on you know past coaches have never looked at a former players son. Bruce is reading this somewhere smacking himself for not thinking of this.

Come on you know past coaches have never looked at a former players son. Bruce is reading this somewhere smacking himself for not thinking of this.

I cant believe noone has thought of this before......SD, you are ****ing brilliant and should be hired as the director of the Tennessee Vols Legacy Program(its a real thing)

Reactions: 2 people
So how many legacy players was CDT in on SD? Surely the MJ of coaching was aware of this.

I can't think of too many potential TN legacies. Tony White, Fred Jenkins, and Ernie Grunfeld had college playing kids, but none that Tennessee had to land. Rodney Woods' kid is pretty good but not necessarily SEC worthy. Other than a great son of a crappy coach and a crappy son of a great coach that's all I can think of.

So Butch has an actual program instilled for legacy recruits to check in with him as they grow up, link?

You misunderstand, he has a lab where they are created, raised to age 10 and released on some unknowing school. They create havok for 7-8 years then Butch pushes a button which activates their VFL chip and they come home to him. But that isn't the brilliant part, Butch knew that he would eventually be at UT, so he started this program 10 years ago. Not only is he a mad scientist, he can also see the future.

Reactions: 4 people
You misunderstand, he has a lab where they are created, raised to age 10 and released on some unknowing school. They create havok for 7-8 years then Butch pushes a button which activates their VFL chip and they come home to him. But that isn't the brilliant part, Butch knew that he would eventually be at UT, so he started this program 10 years ago. Not only is he a mad scientist, he can also see the future.

Gold

VN Store

Back