Vols reschedule Slippery Rock

I'm guessing this means we hold a super secret scrimmage with a D1 team instead.

Edit: Nevermind...actually read the article after posting and noticed it said it's likely that we will do just that.

I'm guessing this means we hold a super secret scrimmage with a D1 team instead.

Edit: Nevermind...actually read the article after posting and noticed it said it's likely that we will do just that.
Just looking at their website, it does appear that this would have been a good tune up against a quality Division II opponent.
"Slippery Rock enters the 2015-16 season with at least 20 wins in four of the last five years and having qualified for the NCAA Tournament three times since 2011-12. Most recently, Slippery Rock advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament and finished the 2014-15 season at 21-11 overall."
Anxious to see our schedule for the upcoming year. Not much of it has been announced. Are we still playing ETSU in the home and home since Bartow is no longer coaching them? Does anybody know?

Just looking at their website, it does appear that this would have been a good tune up against a quality Division II opponent.
"Slippery Rock enters the 2015-16 season with at least 20 wins in four of the last five years and having qualified for the NCAA Tournament three times since 2011-12. Most recently, Slippery Rock advanced to the second round of the NCAA Tournament and finished the 2014-15 season at 21-11 overall."
Anxious to see our schedule for the upcoming year. Not much of it has been announced. Are we still playing ETSU in the home and home since Bartow is no longer coaching them? Does anybody know?

A live, officiated scrimmage against a high major D1 team is much more beneficial, though unpublicized and lacking the bravado of an actual gameday atmosphere.

ETSU is on the schedule for December 22nd. I don't see that changing this late in the process.

Barnes' Texas teams did this quite a bit so not surprised.
Although it is closed to the media and the public, it should be easily determined which team if and when it occurs. Anyone have any info on that yet?

Although it is closed to the media and the public, it should be easily determined which team if and when it occurs. Anyone have any info on that yet?

Yes, the date and teams are typically announced, usually the result is also leaked. As for who, haven't seen anything about that yet.

I think Forbes will do well at ETSU.
Bartow used to coach fairly well and then began to lose it. The last year they played on the CIT, they lost to Iona, the eventual champion, with a loaded roster that included Mike Smith. They should have won the tournament but that game was terribly coached. I agree about Forbes. He would have been a good grab for Tennessee.

Bartow used to coach fairly well and then began to lose it. The last year they played on the CIT, they lost to Iona, the eventual champion, with a loaded roster that included Mike Smith. They should have won the tournament but that game was terribly coached. I agree about Forbes. He would have been a good grab for Tennessee.

Forbes would not have been a good fit . Not now.

VN Store

Back